sexual economics theory?

Rubyjane

Rubyjane

Iron
P.S. Hello, I have been working on something I call sexual economics for a few days, I see it as a subdivision of socioeconomics in general. Yes, I know that such and similar concepts already exist, but I am trying to develop them further. I would be happy to talk about it below the post. Please read to the end. I would also appreciate it if people who are experts or knowledgeable in the field of economics, sociology try to improve or criticize what I say.

Sexual Economic Ideologies and Views

1. Sexual Capitalism

Sexual capitalism addresses sexuality and sexual relations in the context of market dynamics. Its basic assumptions are the following:

a) Sexual “market”: Individuals' search for sexual partners is evaluated within the framework of the supply-demand balance. b) Sexual capital: Factors such as physical attractiveness, social status, economic power are considered “sexual capital”. c) Sexual value maximization: Individuals try to increase their sexual capital and make optimal “investments”.

Example: The proliferation of dating apps can be seen as the digitalization of the sexual market.

2. Sexual Marxism

Sexual Marxism examines power dynamics and inequalities in sexual relations. Its main elements are

a) Sexual class theory: Hierarchies in society based on sexual attraction and access. b) Sexual labor: The concept of exploitation of emotional and physical labor in relationships. c) Sexual alienation: The idea that individuals are alienated from their own sexuality.

This approach emphasizes the relationship between sexual inequalities and economic and social inequalities.

3. Sexual Keynesianism

Sexual Keynesianism emphasizes “aggregate demand” and state intervention in the sexual economy:

a) Sexual stagnation: The social effects of declining sexual activity in society. b) Sexual promotion policies: Interventions such as sexual health services, education programs. c) The concept of sexual well-being: The importance of overall sexual satisfaction in society.

EXTRA:

4. Hypergamy Theory

Hypergamy refers to the tendency of individuals (especially women) to choose higher status partners.

1 - The Basic Hypergamy Argument

H_k > H_e

H_k: Female hypergamy
H_e Male hypergamy

5. Index(Macro Sexual Economy)

5.1 Sexual Well-Being Index (SBI) [can develop it in a better way]

SWB = (SH + SF + SE - SI) / 4

SH: Sexual Health Score SF: Sexual Freedom Score SE: Sexual Education Score SI: Sexual Inflation score

General Article: Sexual Economy, Capital and Value Theories
1. Introduction
I think that the concepts of sexual economy and sexual capital will provide important tools for understanding the roles of individuals in social and economic relations. In this article, we will try to examine concepts such as first gaze theory, sexual capital, sexual value, sexual economy and sexual capitalism from a technical perspective. Each of these concepts are theoretical tools used to understand the factors that shape individuals' social and economic interactions.

2. First Look Theory
Description:

First Look Theory explains which factors women focus on in their first encounters with men. Accordingly, women give more importance to physical attractiveness and physical strength in their first impressions without knowing the economic status and social status of men. That's why appearance is so important in the first place.

Statistical Analysis:

I think that the validity of this theory can be tested by using data collection and hypothesis testing, especially regression analysis and correlation studies.

3. Sexual Capital
Definition and Components:

Sexual capital is the characteristics of individuals that increase their value in social and romantic relationships. Its components are as follows:

Physical attractiveness: Aesthetic features and personal grooming.
Sexual Attractiveness and Body Language: Attractive posture and effective communication.
Social and Romantic Skills: Empathy, ability to flirt.
Cultural and Economic Capital: Level of education and social status.
Economic and Sociological Influences:

Sexual capital can have an impact on individuals' social status and economic success. Media and cultural representations can also shape this capital.

4. Sexual Value Theory
Description:

A concept that I think you all already know, in English it is called sexual market value (SMV).

Value Equations (Male and Female):

smv(M) = Power
smv(F) = Fertility

M: Male
F: Female

5. Sexual Inflation

Now we come to one of the most important concepts, sexual inflation, which can also be defined as sexual value inflation. This concept is important because today we have a incel crisis, a virginity crisis, whatever you want to call it, and the reason for this crisis is specifically sexual inflation, that is, sexual value inflation, as a result of which today female hypergamy is at its peak and sexual purchasing power is constantly decreasing. This is an example of why there are so many thin, lonely people. The reason why men are particularly affected by this problem is that men are expendable and less valuable creatures. Male sexual value does not increase very easily anyway.

Tax The Rich Amazon GIF by INTO ACTION

Solutions to Sexual Inflation

There are not many proposed solutions to sexual inflation, but some “solutions” such as government intervention are emphasized. But I think other alternative solutions should be considered (if there are any).