Short men are much, much more likely to go bald than taller men

Callooh_Calais

Callooh_Calais

Drink Milk and Lift
Nature is a cruel and harsh mistress, and those of us who are fortunate enough to be genetically gifted should be thankful for what we have every day:

More than 50 percent of all men experience some degree of male-pattern baldness—the receding of hair that thins first above the temples, then the crown, forming an “M” shape—by age 50, according to the National Institutes of Health.

So how likely are you to start losing your hair? There are a lot of factors that may influence your risk of baldness, but researchers just discovered a surprising one that you may be able to gauge just by looking in the mirror: your height.

After researchers in Germany studied the genetic makeup of about 11,000 men with premature balding and 12,000 men with full heads of hair, they discovered 63 alterations in DNA that can raise your risk of baldness.

In particular, they found that four locations on DNA linked shorter body height to an increased risk of male pattern baldness.

The link between baldness and short stature isn’t clear, but the researchers theorize that it might be due to an accelerated progression of puberty when they were younger, as well as the earlier fusing of growth plates in their bones. :blackpill:

Once again, nature flexes it's might to remind everyone about genetic privilege and bald men having to prove themselves in ways other than their genetic fitness, e.g Bezosmaxxing.

Bezosbear

The researchers also found a link between male pattern baldness and pale skin, as well as to conditions like prostate cancer, sudden cardiac arrest, and neurodegenerative disorders.

Still, there’s a lot researchers don’t know about the link between baldness and these other conditions. More research needs to be done to tease out the common link—but until then, balding men, lead researcher Markus Nöthen said in a press release. This increased risk of these conditions is quite small.

[/quote]

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Lolcel, PrisonMike, owlofathena and 13 others
It’s prolly cap

Bullshit cope. I'm 6'2 (I could be 6'4-6'5 if I wasn't obese and prematurely closed my growth plates and had bad diet and barely sleept for a few years in teens)

Yet I'm balding since 15 years old jfl

Last edited:
  • So Sad
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Lolcel, owlofathena, Callooh_Calais and 1 other person
Bullshit cope. I'm 6'2 (I could be 6'4-6'5 if I wasn't obese and prematurely closed my growth plates and had bad diet and sleep in teens)

You have short man soul

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: CursedOne, Deleted member 8165, Deleted member 10107 and 1 other person
Bullshit cope. I'm 6'2 (I could be 6'4-6'5 if I wasn't obese and prematurely closed my growth plates and had bad diet and barely sleept for a few years in teens)

jfl i always assumed you were almost hitting 30 but it seems like you're much younger? jfl

brutal hair pill

• So Sad
Reactions: Lolcel and Baldingman1998
6'3 balding since sophomore year. This world is fucked, I cannot imagine being manlet and bald...

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998

Brutal, imagine balding at 15

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel, Callooh_Calais and Baldingman1998

So an entire study of 23k people is a bullshit cope just because you (1 person) happens to be tall but still fucked with subhuman balding genetics :feelskek:

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Julius, Lolcel, Callooh_Calais and 2 others
Nature is a cruel and harsh mistress, and those of us who are fortunate enough to be genetically gifted should be thankful for what we have every day:

Once again, nature flexes it's might to remind everyone about genetic privilege and bald men having to prove themselves in ways other than their genetic fitness, e.g Bezosmaxxing.

View attachment 1094516

The researchers also found a link between male pattern baldness and pale skin, as well as to conditions like prostate cancer, sudden cardiac arrest, and neurodegenerative disorders.

Still, there’s a lot researchers don’t know about the link between baldness and these other conditions. More research needs to be done to tease out the common link—but until then, balding men, lead researcher Markus Nöthen said in a press release. This increased risk of these conditions is quite small.
[/QUOTE]
may be that tall people have higher HGH and IGF1 levels thus less hair loss