shortening the midface in bimax

D

Deleted member 8869

Mistral
is it worth it? does it look bad? any examples?

Midface shortening is possible?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869
I believe if you get Bimax lefort 1 with CCW rotation (this part of the surgery is what causes the most midface reduction) then it is possible to shrink midface significantly enough to have an effect on physiognomy.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371, Deleted member 17829 and Deleted member 8869
I believe if you get Bimax lefort 1 with CCW rotation (this part of the surgery is what causes the most midface reduction) then it is possible to shrink midface significantly enough to have an effect on physiognomy.
yeah i think it was that one!

doesnt this make it longer?
Not an expert but as I’m getting bimax cuz the same issue (class 2 deep bite) I think I can explain why it’s getting longer.

If you have a short face your lower lip pushes your upper lip upwards so it shortens the philtrum. If the patient simply opened his mouth the same effect would occur. The philtrum could simple expand to its „normal“ state.

So yes the midface gets slightly longer but due to the added chin height it doesn’t look like it overall. Quite the opposite actually.

As in using bimax for a shorter midface. Yes it can be used that way but only for extreme cases where you rotate heavily in CCW.

The normal rotations all have a negligible impact on the midface length

But adding chin height can make the midface appear shorter due to balance in the face

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829 and Deleted member 8869
Not an expert but as I’m getting bimax cuz the same issue (class 2 deep bite) I think I can explain why it’s getting longer.

If you have a short face your lower lip pushes your upper lip upwards so it shortens the philtrum. If the patient simply opened his mouth the same effect would occur. The philtrum could simple expand to its „normal“ state.

So yes the midface gets slightly longer but due to the added chin height it doesn’t look like it overall. Quite the opposite actually.

As in using bimax for a shorter midface. Yes it can be used that way but only for extreme cases where you rotate heavily in CCW.

The normal rotations all have a negligible impact on the midface length

But adding chin height can make the midface appear shorter due to balance in the face
thanks

Use hgh.

Makes your mideface wider without elongating it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371 and Deleted member 17829
i already have a wide midface i just dont want to become horseface tier through bimax
is it possible? I have about .9 midface ratio and after bimax i would end up in horseface tier which is complete over :ROFLMAO:

• +1
Reactions: NarrowJaw
is it possible? I have about .9 midface ratio and after bimax i would end up in horseface tier which is complete over :ROFLMAO:
you have to consult the surgeon about this but i guess its possible

Does bimax always make the midface longer? Ngl my mfr is around 0.95 rn mainly due to a longish philtrum and if it gets any longer it's legit over for me, i'd love to shorten it tho, it's the only looksmax i really want to do. have you asked any surgeons about midface shortening?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244 and Deleted member 8869
Does bimax always make the midface longer? Ngl my mfr is around 0.95 rn mainly due to a longish philtrum and if it gets any longer it's legit over for me, i'd love to shorten it tho, it's the only looksmax i really want to do. have you asked any surgeons about midface shortening?
i have an appointment in early april with sailer imma ask him

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: NarrowJaw and Deleted member 17244
I talked to Pagnoni about this.

Yes it is possible, a few mm

He showed me a before and after which looked much better. Guy ascended about 1.5psl points with ccw bimax. Had a long midface

• +1
im too depressed and tired to do that. I cannot accept the fact Im poorcel and incel.

• +1
im too depressed and tired to do that. I cannot accept the fact Im poorcel and incel.
if you are in russia use this war to your advantage and get as much money as possible and buy assets when there is blood in the streets i only can afford all of this at almost 19 because i exploited the first lockdown

if you are in russia use this war to your advantage and get as much money as possible and buy assets when there is blood in the streets i only can afford all of this at almost 19 because i exploited the first lockdown
jokes aside, I earn $300-$500 bro and all this money is saved for my surgeries (gyno, genio, jaw implant, beard transplant etc.). Maybe in five years I will save money for these everything. I feel really bad.

• +1