Should I bulk or cut?

mug

mug

⚡️⚡️
2ABD974D B9B9 4A3F A3B2 60359AD6A494

160-163 rn i am weak at the gym I’m thinking of bulking to 169 (nice) and then cutting to 160 again but slower… going from 185- 160 was like a big shedding of fat but now I need definition

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 19766
Imo use your face to determine cutting/bulking. If face has too much fat (A bit is fine to a certain extent) then cut, if it's lean then bulk. If you are obsessed with body aesthetics or whatever the fuck though then you could also focus on abs as well.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and mug
Imo use your face to determine cutting/bulking. If face has too much fat (A bit is fine to a certain extent) then cut, if it's lean then bulk. If you are obsessed with body aesthetics or whatever the fuck though then you could also focus on abs as well.
Im concerned about strength… I lost so much after losing so much weight… it was rapid weight loss really..

Also how muscle affects your health and the lack of it

And aesthetics

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
Im concerned about strength… I lost so much after losing so much weight… it was rapid weight loss really..

Also how muscle affects your health and the lack of it

And aesthetics
100-200 calorie surplus

• +1
Reactions: mug
well summer is about to end so i'd say go for recomp/slight bulk until next summer

• +1
My face has a bit of Fat on it but slight surplus and gym should fix my bodyfat

View attachment 1837442

160-163 rn i am weak at the gym I’m thinking of bulking to 169 (nice) and then cutting to 160 again but slower… going from 185- 160 was like a big shedding of fat but now I need definition
recomp. Start lifting but go on a small deficit, say 300 kcal. When you pleateau on that decrease the deficit gradually. When you plateau again, start lean bulking but only very slightly, never go above a 200 kcal surplus. You seem pretty lean atm judging by the seperation in your pecs and delts, you just have stubborn belly fat by the looks of it

• +1
recomp. Start lifting but go on a small deficit, say 300 kcal. When you pleateau on that decrease the deficit gradually. When you plateau again, start lean bulking but only very slightly, never go above a 200 kcal surplus. You seem pretty lean atm judging by the seperation in your pecs and delts, you just have stubborn belly fat by the looks of it
you could also start at a 500 kcal deficit but at your bodyfat and weight that seems too much imo

• +1
also add direct abdominal training if you havent already. Dont listen to r/fitness fat bloatmaxxed powersoy copers who say you will get good abs by doing compounds. If you add an ab routine you will eventually have popping abs even at higher bodyfat precentages so you wont have to go to auswitz bodyfat levels to have an aesthetic midsection

• +1
also add direct abdominal training if you havent already. Dont listen to r/fitness fat bloatmaxxed powersoy copers who say you will get good abs by doing compounds. If you add an ab routine you will eventually have popping abs even at higher bodyfat precentages so you wont have to go to auswitz bodyfat levels to have an aesthetic midsection
You are knowledgeable, earned a follow

disclaimer that i have little experience with gymcelling myself as i have just started. I get my knowledge from reputable natties (mostly Natural Hypertrophy, Bald Omni Man and Geofry Verity Schofield, all on youtube)

• +1