Should I continue welding or find another career?

D

Deleted member 17585

Hardstyle is my only cope
I got into welding thinking it would be easy since it's had a fallout in people doing it from the 90s but it's proven to be harder than I thought. Since I have autism I have poor gross motor skills and precision is difficult for me when laying down welds. I don't really have any interests I'd like to pursue either, I just want job security and to not have to live like a fucking wagecuck. What should I do? I'm 19 and I have no student loan debt, 21 ACT, and in the USA in the South.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
welding is a stable high income job with relatively low requirements. Since you have autism and no skills I doubt you will get a better opportunity. Most ppl with that shit are unemployed.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Crusile, Gaia262, Kingcel32 and 3 others
welding is a stable high income job with relatively low requirements. Since you have autism and no skills I doubt you will get a better opportunity. Most ppl with that shit are unemployed.
I'm gonna try to get a job welding that my dad is setting me up for. Welding galvanized metal for playgrounds for 15 dollars an hour.

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
I'm gonna try to get a job welding that my dad is setting me up for. Welding galvanized metal for playgrounds for 15 dollars an hour.
Where do you live? You can do better than that, but might be worth if you're gonna live off your parents.

Where do you live? You can do better than that, but might be worth if you're gonna live off your parents.
Alabama, the issue is I have been struggling with my welding classes at community college so I don't have the certs to push for a higher paying job. Beats my wagecuck job at Pizza Hut.

• Hmm...
Alabama, the issue is I have been struggling with my welding classes at community college so I don't have the certs to push for a higher paying job. Beats my wagecuck job at Pizza Hut.
fairs. Whatcha want out of life?

I got into welding thinking it would be easy since it's had a fallout in people doing it from the 90s but it's proven to be harder than I thought. Since I have autism I have poor gross motor skills and precision is difficult for me when laying down welds. I don't really have any interests I'd like to pursue either, I just want job security and to not have to live like a fucking wagecuck. What should I do? I'm 19 and I have no student loan debt, 21 ACT, and in the USA in the South.
Continue with the welding. Perhaps become a sat-diver and work in pitch black wonderful scary conditions for bukoo pay.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
  • +1
Continue with the welding. Perhaps become a sat-diver and work in pitch black wonderful scary conditions for bukoo pay.
depends on if i can score the job and get enough experience, or most importantly have the skill

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12002
  • +1
I'd say stick with welding and power through your classes

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship
Do you like welding OP?

Look up the dangers of welding

Do you like welding OP?
yes i do, especially SMAW (shield metal arc welding). its where you take a thick rod and melt it into another piece of metal, it feels awesome. if i could land a structural welding job it would be so kino

• +1
Reactions: Bakin donuts 🍩, Gaia262 and Wallenberg
yes i do, especially SMAW (shield metal arc welding). its where you take a thick rod and melt it into another piece of metal, it feels awesome. if i could land a structural welding job it would be so kino
Continue welding then

Just get your passport and move to asia bro

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 17585

Users who are viewing this thread

Back