Should I cut bodyfat during puberty?

TheChubbinator

TheChubbinator

Iron
So I was always pretty skinny, but about 14 months ago I started heightmaxxing. I've been counting my calories daily and eating in a consistent surplus.
Anyway, I am now 14 years old and 5'10, I still want to grow, however, I think I need to cut. I'm starting to get chubbier and I fear this will affect my growth.
What do I do? For context, I am 5'10 and 175lbs now, I think it'll be unhealthy if I get any fatter.

I was told to do more cardio but still eat maintenance or 100-200 calorie deficit, but I need some more opinions.

Thoughts?
@ascension @lestoa

• +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1
imagine being this dedicated to looksmaxxing at 14 years old i can barely leanmax and I'm 20

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: noahwillascend, bone0smasher, ascension and 5 others
So I was always pretty skinny, but about 14 months ago I started heightmaxxing. I've been counting my calories daily and eating in a consistent surplus.
Anyway, I am now 14 years old and 5'10, I still want to grow, however, I think I need to cut. I'm starting to get chubbier and I fear this will affect my growth.
What do I do? For context, I am 5'10 and 175lbs now, I think it'll be unhealthy if I get any fatter.

I was told to do more cardio but still eat maintenance or 100-200 calorie deficit, but I need some more opinions.

Thoughts?
@ascension @lestoa
No

• +1
Reactions: antony 726
Don't cut.
Also, if you think that being chubby will negatively impact your height, you're wrong.

• +1
Reactions: ascension and alcoholicToad
heightmaxxing is a meme and bodyfat doesn't really affect your height. only when you're really really fat or really really skinny to the point where it starts to impact your hormone levels significantly it could stunt your growth, but having a chubby face is not a sign of that so don't worry.

even if it won't change your height being lean is optimal. the problem is that people who are lean most of the time still eat unhealthy but just consume less calories. having 12-14% bodyfat gives you slightly more testosterone (not significant but still good), and most importantly is healthier and therefore makes you more attractive compared to having 15%> bodyfat.

so you should cut bodyfat, as long as you meet the nutritional requirements.

• +1
Reactions: ascension and TheChubbinator
heightmaxxing is a meme and bodyfat doesn't really affect your height. only when you're really really fat or really really skinny to the point where it starts to impact your hormone levels significantly it could stunt your growth, but having a chubby face is not a sign of that so don't worry.

even if it won't change your height being lean is optimal. the problem is that people who are lean most of the time still eat unhealthy but just consume less calories. having 12-14% bodyfat gives you slightly more testosterone (not significant but still good), and most importantly is healthier and therefore makes you more attractive compared to having 15%> bodyfat.

so you should cut bodyfat, as long as you meet the nutritional requirements.
I definitely have a great healthy diet, so I will start a mini cut and maintain my diet until Im like 15lbs lighter minimum, thanks bro ily

Don't cut.
Also, if you think that being chubby will negatively impact your height, you're wrong.
I read that gaining weight helps with your testosterone aromatizing which is gonna negatively impact my hgh levels and make my growth plates close earlier

im in the same situation as you and ive done research on it, till 15% bodyfat at healthy weight 0 effect on height

I read that gaining weight helps with your testosterone aromatizing which is gonna negatively impact my hgh levels and make my growth plates close earlier
Are you chubby or are you fat?
If you cut then you're going to be harming your body either way when you have lower testosterone.
When you're of a higher bodyweight, your body produces more testosterone regardless compared to when you're skinny, your GH levels will be somewhat consistent. From my understanding, it's a trade-off between higher testosterone and higher estrogen, or lower testosterone and lower estrogen. I'd rather the former.
Just eat, maintain an okay weight and exercise.

• +1
Reactions: TheChubbinator
Where in that reply did I agree with your implication that you should not be exercising at 15?
I said the hgh will be used to repair the muscle

I didnt tell him to not excercise he can do whatever he wants jfl

Thoughts?
@ascension @lestoa
yea you should, less bodyfat = higher hgh and lower estrogen