Should I do Orthotropic or Orthodontic treatment at 17?

L

LarryB

Iron
I have a slight overbite and two of my bottom teeth are crooked. I have talked to an orthodontist here and I don’t have to take my wisdom teeth out but I will need braces and some sort of screws. However I’m worried it will recess my maxilla. I also have a slightly recessed chin which I can get mentoplasty for but wouldn’t it look weird if my maxilla gets recessed from braces? I looked into orthotropic treatment and would probably get me more forward growth but it can cost up to $12,000 which I can potentially buy but I’m stuck at which one I should do. Im also in South America rn so if I do get orthodontic treatment + mentoplasty it’s 10x cheaper than America.

Any suggestions/opinions? Thanks in advance

why do u need extractions if u have overbite? explain please?
best course of action would be lower jaw surgery with lefort 1 to reposition maxilla and lower jaw

why do u need extractions if u have overbite? explain please?
best course of action would be lower jaw surgery with lefort 1 to reposition maxilla and lower jaw
My bottom wisdom teeth are very slightly erupted but I think I can save them since it looks like they will grow correctly. My top wisdom teeth grew correctly anyways. I don’t have to take them out though I “should” but I don’t have to

My mom won’t do that haha the best I can do is some sort of orthodontist treatment and the mentoplasty/genioplasty. She also let me do a septorhinoplasty already since my breathing was fucked up but she added the rhino part so it’s a win. I think it’s because of the cost she wont do lower jaw surgery and I did tell her before about it and she said a friend got it and it hurt like hell. I don’t think she wants me through that

My mom won’t do that haha the best I can do is some sort of orthodontist treatment and the mentoplasty/genioplasty. She also let me do a septorhinoplasty already since my breathing was fucked up but she added the rhino part so it’s a win. I think it’s because of the cost she wont do lower jaw surgery and I did tell her before about it and she said a friend got it and it hurt like hell. I don’t think she wants me through that
would have to see ur jaw area and teeth