Should i fast as a teenager?

YoungRichNigga

YoungRichNigga

"We ain't making it past 21" - Juice Wrld
Title.
Im currently 17 years old, 170 lbs 6ft. my body fat is around 17%. Abs are visibly noticeble when flexing. Im thinking on going on a caloric deficit and fasting to lose weight and fat. Should i do it and is it bad for a teenager like me?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522
No.

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998, Deleted member 5522 and Robocok
maybe one fast is fine and good for you. getting rid of dysfunctional cells will lead to better weight loss, muscle building and better skin and much less acne.

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab
maybe one fast is fine and good for you. getting rid of dysfunctional cells will lead to better weight loss, muscle building and better skin and much less acne.
do you think i should just eat in a deficit and lift heavy?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849
do you think i should just eat in a deficit and lift heavy?
for the most part yes. eat nutritional whole foods while in a defecit.

but 1 2 day fast is good.

Post face

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
Eat when you're hungry. This site is full of anorexic pencil necks who think that starving themselves like a female French model is the key to looking good.

You need a little fat in order to optimize your hormone levels. Fasting is best when you're older and have finished growing.

• +1
Reactions: Effortless and hebbewem
Title.
Im currently 17 years old, 170 lbs 6ft. my body fat is around 17%. Abs are visibly noticeble when flexing. Im thinking on going on a caloric deficit and fasting to lose weight and fat. Should i do it and is it bad for a teenager like me?
Don’t do it calorie deficit in teenage years is usually a bad idea.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621 and Lev Peshkov
Don't listen to the guy above me.

Bro you are 17, eating alot of calories (don't get fat) and nutritious food is now really important if you want to grow to your maximum genetic potential.
Don't think about being lean now, hit the gym and bulk up (slow) or maintain. being low bf messes with your hormones.

I made the mistake of stupid dieting/fasting when i was around 16 and it fucked me up.

• +1
Reactions: YoungRichNigga and Lev Peshkov
Get your body fat down to 12%. It’s perfect for hormonal balance and looking good. It’s also only a mild 6-8 week cut to get to 10% body fat so it makes sense being 12% and you can still build muscle.

Never go above 15% body fat as a natural. You will lose more muscle when dieting down from a higher body fat percentage.

Fasting one or two days a week at your age won’t have any negative effects. The fact your body fat is 17% means you should consider fasting, it makes stripping off the fat easier.

While on non fasted days go 500 calories in deficit when training on non training days you could go 750-1000 calories in deficit. Keep protein intake high, it prevents muscle catabolism and is more satiating.

It takes a 3500 caloric deficit to lose 1 lb of fat. You’re 17, there’s no reason to be 17% body fat.

• +1
Reactions: YoungRichNigga
Yes fast, since it raise growth hormone, but eat more to compensate, after the fast

• +1
Don't listen to the guy above me.

Bro you are 17, eating alot of calories (don't get fat) and nutritious food is now really important if you want to grow to your maximum genetic potential.
Don't think about being lean now, hit the gym and bulk up (slow) or maintain. being low bf messes with your hormones.

I made the mistake of stupid dieting/fasting when i was around 16 and it fucked me up.
how specifically did u fast?

Don't join the keto/fasting cult. Especially if you're that young.

• +1
Don't join the keto/fasting cult. Especially if you're that young.
so i should just eat whatever the fuck i can with healthy whole foods?

Be on a caloric surplus during development jfl i dont know what the fuck everyone else in this thread smokes tbh.

Caloric surplus increases osteoblastic function and thus you build more, bigger and better bones

• +1
Don't even think about cutting calories. Right now you should eat and sleep alot to maximize your development. Height and frame can't be changed in the future body fat % can be.

• +1
Don't even think about cutting calories. Right now you should eat and sleep alot to maximize your development. Height and frame can't be changed in the future body fat % can be.
whats the optimal sleeping time?

don't stay in too big of a caloric deficit , do recomp, fasting is not really advisable if you wanna leech off the biggest muscle gains, eat atleast 3 times a day

u are skinnyfat, son. Lose that pot belly.