Should I get extractions?

funeral

funeral

Iron
I got braces like 2 or 3 months ago and I was told that I needed 4 teeth extracted. I got them because I have a deep bite and my bottom teeth are fucked up because they cant fit into my jaw and I am insanely insecure about it. I know people say extractions can ruin your face and that you should get surgery to correct deep bite, but I have seen other people say it actually doesn't change your face for the worse so I just don't know what to believe.. :feelswhy: Would it be possible to say no to extractions and somehow get them to bring my lower jaw forward instead..? So my teeth could just fit in my mouth? The Braces are already fully paid for so there's no going back...

ALSO one more thing I also have bimaxillary protrusion and I heard extractions could actually help with that I just need opinions and maybe I'll post pic.

AND I'm 16. :owo:

brb using imagination but since u need 4 extractions it's over anyways

• Love it
Reactions: funeral
Probably not. You need to expand the lower palate to fit the teeth. If your lower jaw is already recessed, it'll become even more recessed, and you'll have very bad facial growth. Upper extractions are kind of pointless, just get surgery. Otherwise you'll get bad cheekbones and a small palate.

Get some appliance to bring the lower jaw forward, that's what my orthodontist is doing.

Last edited:
I got braces like 2 or 3 months ago and I was told that I needed 4 teeth extracted. I got them because I have a deep bite and my bottom teeth are fucked up because they cant fit into my jaw and I am insanely insecure about it. I know people say extractions can ruin your face and that you should get surgery to correct deep bite, but I have seen other people say it actually doesn't change your face for the worse so I just don't know what to believe.. :feelswhy: Would it be possible to say no to extractions and somehow get them to bring my lower jaw forward instead..? So my teeth could just fit in my mouth? The Braces are already fully paid for so there's no going back...

ALSO one more thing I also have bimaxillary protrusion and I heard extractions could actually help with that I just need opinions and maybe I'll post pic.

AND I'm 16. :owo:
extractions always fuck you up

Probably not. You need to expand the lower palate to fit the teeth. If your lower jaw is already recessed, it'll become even more recessed, and you'll have very bad facial growth. Upper extractions are kind of pointless, just get surgery. Otherwise you'll get bad cheekbones and a small palate.

Get some appliance to bring the lower jaw forward, that's what my orthodontist is doing.
What Appliance?