Should I give thr GMAT test?

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Sub-Mod
I've seen many of my friends preparing for the GMAT to apply to top business schools abroad, and I'm considering this path as well. Even though I'm studying CS, I believe I could build a strong resume for business school, thanks to the diverse experiences I've had. Diversifying my profile has been one of the best decisions I've made in college. I've aimed to be a jack of all trades, exploring various fields, which has opened up many career options for me. In my first two years of university, I joined numerous clubs, chapters, and competitions, so I feel like transitioning into a business degree after graduation is quite achievable.

Currently, I have three options: securing an internship at a reputable coding company and aiming for a pre-placement offer, joining the army as an officer since I participated in an army program, or taking the GMAT or GRE like some of my friends to pursue studies abroad. I always thought top business programmes or any masters programmes that are worth going to required 2-3 years of work experience, but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. What do you think—should I take the test and fully commit to this path?

@ReadBooksEveryday @moredatesmorerapes @wishIwasSalludon @Chadeep

• +1
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday, TechnoBoss and Chadeep
why dont u do manual labour

bcuz its fun
you can leanmaxx ez
you make decent money
and it has transferrable skills in most jobs snd just general life

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and Jason Voorhees
why dont u do manual labour

bcuz its fun
you can leanmaxx ez
you make decent money
and it has transferrable skills in most jobs snd just general life
Low status job bro

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss, Chadeep and dipenhydramine
join me we will scam together

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
  • +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and Jason Voorhees
I've seen many of my friends preparing for the GMAT to apply to top business schools abroad, and I'm considering this path as well. Even though I'm studying CS, I believe I could build a strong resume for business school, thanks to the diverse experiences I've had. Diversifying my profile has been one of the best decisions I've made in college. I've aimed to be a jack of all trades, exploring various fields, which has opened up many career options for me. In my first two years of university, I joined numerous clubs, chapters, and competitions, so I feel like transitioning into a business degree after graduation is quite achievable.

Currently, I have three options: securing an internship at a reputable coding company and aiming for a pre-placement offer, joining the army as an officer since I participated in an army program, or taking the GMAT or GRE like some of my friends to pursue studies abroad. I always thought top business programmes or any masters programmes that are worth going to required 2-3 years of work experience, but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. What do you think—should I take the test and fully commit to this path?

@ReadBooksEveryday @moredatesmorerapes @wishIwasSalludon @Chadeep
I would go for some technical grad school program abroad if you can get into a top one

• +1
Bhai work and get a Business degree from Ivy. That mogs honestly you're smart too.

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and Jason Voorhees
Bhai work and get a Business degree from Ivy. That mogs honestly you're smart too.
I'm scared of being unemployed after spending a bomb on my masters due to H1B.

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and Chadeep
Run JBE to get an american wife when in grad school and secure citizenship

• JFL
Yeah. I heard situation is tough this year for M7 Grads especially international ones.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and TechnoBoss
Run JBE to get an american wife when in grad school and secure citizenship
Honestly this would be ideal. Getting married to a foreigner is the easiest way of securing a passport and living the american dream

• +1
Reactions: moredatesmorerapes
Apply for the final year deferred MBA program
if you want to do an MBA

Requires GMAT in the final year of school. But it’s easier to get in because it shows commitment to the target school

All top schools have this option.

• +1
I’d join army tbh (office rank, not the foot soldier). Being locked up in a hole coding is no life.

• +1
Also business degrees are a joke

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back