should i go on accutane?

crosshold

crosshold

Yujiromaxxing
im 24 years old but still have oily skin (genetic, my dad has oily as fuck skin, no acne tho)

i still get acne and tbh im just sick of it. its not nearly as bad as it was when i was going through puberty but i just want truly clear skin for once.

since i dont have THAT much acne should i take a smaller than average dose or just take a normal dose? i dont want to dry my skin out too much to be honest

ask your doctor

share a picture of your face

accutane is intended to be a last option treatment for moderate-severe cases, no point suffering through dryness and soreness if it's only mild

what treatments have you tried before this?

share a picture of your face

accutane is intended to be a last option treatment for moderate-severe cases, no point suffering through dryness and soreness if it's only mild

what treatments have you tried before this?
my skin is actually pretty clear rn, just got done with dealing with a minor breakout

what about low dose accutane?

ive been doing a lot before this. retin-a, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, etc

right now my routine is: salicylic face wash, then 10% benzoyl peroxide face wash, then a niacinamide serum. i also use 0.025 retin-a

all of this works pretty well but at the end of the day, figuratively and literally, my skin is still oily

I use low dose accutane every now and then to hold back acne.

The sides are real: thinning, very dry hair + dry lips + dry eyes + weird mood.

But it works so damn well for skin

I use low dose accutane every now and then to hold back acne.

The sides are real: thinning, very dry hair + dry lips + dry eyes + weird mood.

But it works so damn well for skin

how many mg? honestly i feel like low dose would be good for me. my dermatologist said she would put me on normal dose lol which im skeptical for because i dont think my skin is bad enough to warrant that

also do you buy it online or go to a doc?