Should I go to failure on every set or only go at the last set?

looks>books

looks>books

Do not be as you are, but as you should be
Title.

have never tried the second one, curious if its better for size.

I go until failure on squats without a safety rack

• Woah
Reactions: looks>books
every

• +1
Reactions: ineonx and NZb6Air
I go until failure on squats without a safety rack
You drop it off backwards right? I used to do this at the beginning but now in a crowded gym I can't and I fear not being to drop it properly with heavy weights. People die like that.

• +1
Reactions: Johnny_Sins
You drop it off backwards right? I used to do this at the beginning but now in a crowded gym I can't and I fear not being to drop it properly with heavy weights. People die like that.
I was joking lol, you’d have to be crazy doing it even with 2 plates. Some people do, idk how, they must have a deathwish

I’d say do a light warm up set (not even close to failure) with a lighter weight and then followed by two HARD and heavy sets both done until failure. Should be enough to stimulate growth especially if you’re a beginner.

• +1
I’d say do a light warm up set (not even close to failure) with a lighter weight and then followed by two HARD and heavy sets both done until failure. Should be enough to stimulate growth especially if you’re a beginner.
What if im not a beginner

Are the end sets more important then the earlier sets?

Every set. When I started going to failure every set I blew up in size even tho I was cutting.
It is also more satisfying

• +1
Reactions: OmniQuest! and looks>books
Are the end sets more important then the earlier sets?
Apologies for the late response,
Yes the last two “end” sets are much more important than the warm up sets. The warm up sets are mainly there to get blood flowing and decrease the risk of injury - also they kinda give me confidence before doing heavier lifts like for example on Bench I’ll warmup with a weight slightly below my top set just to build up some confidence before going for my heavy top set.

• +1
Apologies for the late response,
Yes the last two “end” sets are much more important than the warm up sets. The warm up sets are mainly there to get blood flowing and decrease the risk of injury - also they kinda give me confidence before doing heavier lifts like for example on Bench I’ll warmup with a weight slightly below my top set just to build up some confidence before going for my heavy top set.
What if im doing isolations

Go to failure on every set for isolations, leave anywhere between 1-3 reps in reserve for every set on compounds. If it is more taxing like deadlift or squat leave 2-3 but if it is less taxing like rows or OHP use 1 rep in reserve.