Should I perform the Incline BP or Flat BP first? For chest growth

V

vexnaut

Iron
Which one best for Chest growth(Specifically the upper chest)

Whichever one you prefer doing

i heard that youll see better growth on the exercise that you perform first on your session thats why
Still applies. It is said you'll see more growth in upper chest with incline but those are small numbers you won't notice

• +1
Reactions: vexnaut
15 degrees incline is my favourite. basically the real flat bench from arching that targets all chest parts equally

• +1
15 degrees incline is my favourite. basically the real flat bench from arching that targets all chest parts equally
30 for me imma try 15 too and see which seems to work better for me

• +1
Reactions: piec
the thing is each works different fibers of the chest based on muscle anatomy, the regular bench press works all but the incline works the upper chest and shoulder more, if you can only choose one do the regular

• +1
my bad i didn't read "spesifically the upper chest"
so yeah incline is good but why not have neutral slope and also incline to have some extra work
the thing you have to understand is upper perctoralis (chest) anatomy
Wt6B7qUeKq5WqFGlzsQ Musculus pectoralis major 01
look at this anatomy chart:
if you do a movement where your shoulder contracts between moving forward and upwards it contracts the upper chest spesifically by the fiber direction that's how every muscle works
anatomy charts are a really useful tool for understanding how to train different muscles

a muscle works by shortening which every muscle has a movement for

• +1
my bad i didn't read "spesifically the upper chest"
so yeah incline is good but why not have neutral slope and also incline to have some extra work
the thing you have to understand is upper perctoralis (chest) anatomy
View attachment 3192190look at this anatomy chart:
if you do a movement where your shoulder contracts between moving forward and upwards it contracts the upper chest spesifically by the fiber direction that's how every muscle works
anatomy charts are a really useful tool for understanding how to train different muscles

a muscle works by shortening which every muscle has a movement for
aight thanks man