Should I use Retin-A if I already have good skin?

SexyMofo

SexyMofo

Narcissist
I already have pretty good skin, few minor acne scars and occasional pimples. Is there even a point of using it? I don't want to have to use sunscreen for the rest of my life. Thinking that just Vit C and a cleanser should be good.

• +1
Reactions: IndianJock
yeah i use it on a 3 day cycle and my skin is very good

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3123
Wdym by 3 day cycle? Anything else your doing for skin?
I use it for 3 days then let my skin rest for 3-4 days.

I wash it with water 2 times a day and that’s it. Occasionally i will exfoliate once a week.

I use it for 3 days then let my skin rest for 3-4 days.

I wash it with water 2 times a day and that’s it. Occasionally i will exfoliate once a week.
Ahh ok. Do you use sunscreen every morning after using it? And the days you dont use it?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3123 and SexyMofo
Yes do it. But go with .25. wear sunscreen everyday when going out

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3123, Deleted member 656 and Deleted member 2846
I already have pretty good skin, few minor acne scars and occasional pimples. Is there even a point of using it? I don't want to have to use sunscreen for the rest of my life. Thinking that just Vit C and a cleanser should be good.
Short-term you are correct with what you say. Long term speaking, you couldn't be more wrong.

Retin-A + sunscreen/sunblock. Is for Anti-age-maxxing.
It won't help much, when you're 25 orso. The benifits are noticeable (alot) when a person enters 30's and beyond.

Protection from sun, and wearing sunblock. Has to be doneanyways imo; for anti-ageing.
RetinA is optional at younger age. But just take the lowest dose then if still young (20's-early 30's), which is 0.025.

For examples. to see the long term anti-aging benifits
*This women uses RetinA for 15 years. Is now 37 years old, and has skin quality better then most 20-something year old women.

*This woman uses Retin-A for 30 years. In now 61 years old, and has skin quality better then most late-30-something year old women.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Using it once every three days has the same effect as using it once a day. And for anti-aging rather than fighting acne, using .025% has the same effect as stronger concentrations.

D07B8986 47CF 41DC 9788 CE97C978AB39
307301A5 8E8F 4EAA 9528 C35CAB7FA451
95260CE1 F7B7 4A92 9C01 DCE30450061A

I already have pretty good skin, few minor acne scars and occasional pimples. Is there even a point of using it?
Is there a point in using a retinoid? Depends, how old are you and why are you wanting to use it? Breakouts or ageing?
Should it be Retin A? Probably not necessary.
I don't want to have to use sunscreen for the rest of my life.
You should be using sunscreen whether you use a retinoid or not.
Thinking that just Vit C and a cleanser should be good.
Again, depends on your age and skin type, but moisturiser too. Ideally with SPF unless you want an extra step.