Should one use tretinoin for anti-aging or is it too strong? (tired of conflicting opinions tbh)

glaruz

glaruz

Silver
24yo, no acne, interested in using it for anti-aging pretty much.

There are so many conflicting opinions on this, holy shit JFL this forum is so useless for actual looksmaxxing (same thing I have noticed with DHT simps and oral minoxidil when you search about balding). I have been looking up info on this site for 2 hours and still cannot reach a good conclusion. Same thing with sites like reddit and youtube. Might as well read research papers on my own at this point.

Some will say your fat pads will be ruined, your eyes will get damaged, your face will melt, etc. While others will tell you it is the best thing and safe. About retinol too, some will say it is weak trash that barely works, other will tell you it is fine in your 20s as long as you are consistent.

The lack of well documented before and after pictures also drives me crazy.

I dont see any problem with tret.
just be sure about the purging phase tret has

use spf50 while u r on it

damn 24 is already old here
i feel like a oldfag with my 17 years
24 isn't old, he is just a tiktok fag

Tatum
Tatum
Tatum
Tatum

• So Sad
Reactions: lestoa
Yes just make sure to use it gradually more, 1 once every week for first 2 weeks and so on
Put Vaseline on eye area to avoid fat loss there also microneedle every 3 weeks

• +1
Reactions: glaruz
I use tretinoin for almost 8 months now and I'm ur age and using it for anti aging only. I have no acne and never had a problem with my skin and tbh I really don't see a difference at all. I use a tiny amount daily (0.05%) and I never had a bad reaction or a purgin neither but I'm moisturizing like crazy too. I never put it around the eyes, because it gave me dry eyes and it migrates under the skin. I saw good examples of foids using it for 20 years + and looking really good for their age, so I think it's legit and there is also a lot of scientific evidence and research to back it up.

• +1
I use tretinoin for almost 8 months now and I'm ur age and using it for anti aging only. I have no acne and never had a problem with my skin and tbh I really don't see a difference at all. I use a tiny amount daily (0.05%) and I never had a bad reaction or a purgin neither but I'm moisturizing like crazy too. I never put it around the eyes, because it gave me dry eyes and it migrates under the skin. I saw good examples of foids using it for 20 years + and looking really good for their age, so I think it's legit and there is also a lot of scientific evidence and research to back it up.
When you say you never put around the eyes:

Sergey konovalov hex hair 1 1
Sergey konovalov hex hair 1 1

Do you apply on the black and white areas above? And where do you stop at the undereye area? Blue, green, red (something else)?

When you say you never put around the eyes:

View attachment 3125286View attachment 3125287

Do you apply on the black and white areas above? And where do you stop at the undereye area? Blue, green, red (something else)?
Some foids say you shouldn't put it on your orbitals at all. I apply it 1 cm under the red circle you drew probably. Also never on the upper eyelids. If you wanna use something there, use a light retinol or an eye serum.

Like I said, it just migrates under the skin and you don't want to have any of this shit in your eyes because it can cause irritations and damage your glands.

That's why some foids recommend putting vaseline around the eyes before applying it, but I never do it.

Also I have to revise myself: I had some bad reactions, flaky skin the first weeks. But it went away after I used it daily, because your skin get used to it.

And don't forget sunscreen, it's really important while using tret. Also consider using beta-carotine or astaxanthin as well, since it can prevent sun damage while using tret.

• +1