Side effects of using antibiotics for acne?

innerlight00

innerlight00

Iron
So im 18 and im supposed to be on antibiotics for acne for 3 months. But i have heard it can have disastrous effects on the gut microbiome and a ton of other general health related problems. And it doesn’t even permanently get rid of acne

This is a study where they found use of antibiotics can permanently reduce bone mass by 30%

And then on top of that recently in 2022 they found out long term use of antibiotics in adolescents can stunt bone mass by 30%

Now im only supposed to be on it for 3 months but even then i dont trust it. I’ve only been on it for 11 days now and im seriously considering stopping.

Do any of you know more about this whole thing? Any personal experiences with antibiotics. And any advice if i should continue or stop?

Last edited:
They are useless anyway, just fix your diet and use Tazarotene/benzoyl peroxide instead

You're gonna nuke your gut microbiome
The answer IS in the gut microbiome anyway, you have acne because you eat like shit.

So im 18 and im supposed to be on antibiotics for acne for 3 months. But i have heard it can have disastrous effects on the gut microbiome and a ton of other general health related problems. And it doesn’t even permanently get rid of acne

This is a study where they found use of antibiotics can permanently reduce bone mass by 30%

And then on top of that recently in 2022 they found out long term use of antibiotics in adolescents can stunt bone mass by 30%

Now im only supposed to be on it for 3 months but even then i dont trust it. I’ve only been on it for 8 days now and im seriously considering stopping.

Do any of you know more about this whole thing? Any personal experiences with antibiotics. And any advice if i should continue or stop?
You may die with infections due to bacterial resistance

You may die with infections due to bacterial resistance
WHAT. Also i made a mistake in my post today was supposed to be my 12th day but im NOT taking that anymore. Do you think I’ve already done damage or is 11 days little enough time that i haven’t done too much damage?

You're gonna nuke your gut microbiome
The answer IS in the gut microbiome anyway, you have acne because you eat like shit.
I’m stopping it today. Also i made a mistake in my post. Today was supposed to be my 12th day. Do you think i stopped it early enough or is 11 days on it still enough to have done permanent damage to my gut microbiome?

WHAT. Also i made a mistake in my post today was supposed to be my 12th day but im NOT taking that anymore. Do you think I’ve already done damage or is 11 days little enough time that i haven’t done too much damage?
No, but your acne may come back worse or the same it was before you took it

No, but your acne may come back worse or the same it was before you took it
But you still recommend i stop it right? Also my acne hasn’t improved in these 11 days at all. If anything its become worse because of the purging

But you still recommend i stop it right? Also my acne hasn’t improved in these 11 days at all. If anything its become worse because of the purging
Yea, don't take that shit. It's been years since doctors stopped prescribing antibiotics; the only known treatment is Accutane. If your doctor doesn't want to prescribe Accutane, say you've always had acne on your whole body and have already tried topical and antibiotic treatments