Side profile of my face in Frankfurt

saiya_online

saiya_online

Gold
No fraud of my side recessed profile; no jutting. I don't have an x-ray to get the most accurate horizontal angle. 15 years old.
What needs fixing?
Recessed dog saiya 1
Recessed dog saiya 2

Recessed dog saiya 3

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29155
everything

• So Sad
Reactions: saiya_online
Your jaw is recessed. You probably mouth breath and have no lip closure because in all your photos you have your lips naturally open like a fucking fish

• So Sad
okay tbh u have beautiful nose and philtrum/ur lips pout out nicely. u can ascend hard at least from the side profile

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28414 and saiya_online
You need genio.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: babouchelelouche, It'snotover, ㅤ$ㅤ ㅤ and 1 other person
Get braces and elastics if you can to fix your overbite. You might need jaw surgery to bring your mandible forward instead of braces but idk. Once you fix that overbite you will look quite good and puberty should do the rest for you with good habits like nose breathing and chewing.

Your jaw is recessed. You probably mouth breath and have no lip closure because in all your photos you have your lips naturally open like a fucking fish
I use to mouth breath when I was younger. I had no idea that it would even effect anything, I was really young. Usually I have to keep my mouth closed consciously now, trying to develop that habit but it's a struggle. I'm going to buy duck tape when I sleep...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
Get braces and elastics if you can to fix your overbite. You might need jaw surgery to bring your mandible forward instead of braces but idk. Once you fix that overbite you will look quite good and puberty should do the rest for you with good habits like nose breathing and chewing.
This summer my father is going to set me up and get damon braces. Aligns the teeth and makes the pallete bigger to fit into my mouth.

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe and Allornothing
I use to mouth breath when I was younger. I had no idea that it would even effect anything, I was really young. Usually I have to keep my mouth closed consciously now, trying to develop that habit but it's a struggle. I'm going to buy duck tape when I sleep...
Same bro with the mouthbreathing.

It’s such a shame.

• So Sad
You still are and look young. Definitely try to acquire correct lip posture you still have a lot left of facial growth…

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover and saiya_online
I disagree. At 15, it’s too late for habits to save him.

He will need surgery.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: It'snotover, saiya_online and Allornothing
you still have a lot left of facial growth…
Most male’s facial bone structure will barely change after 15. The changes are really subtle and mainly in soft tissue.

• +1
Reactions: saiya_online and Allornothing
This summer my father is going to set me up and get damon braces. Aligns the teeth and makes the pallete bigger to fit into my mouth.
A palate expander will greatly help you, just be careful with the braces and elastics. Since elastics literally pulls your maxilla backwards to fix your bite, but all your face may get recessed.
Please discuss any thoughts and doubts with your dentist..

• +1
Most male’s facial bone structure will barely change after 15. The changes are really subtle and mainly in soft tissue.
There’s studies that prove that Mandibular and maxilla growth to a lesser extent are quite apparent. But peak mean for Facial size pubertal growth spurt onset was found to have a mean peak at 15 years old. And yes, lots of the growth in 16-21 is soft tissues. Of course puberty timing and skeletal maturation has a role in this, OP still looks pretty young and doesn’t have any facial hair… which may change in the following year or months…

I disagree. At 15, it’s too late for habits to save him.

He will need surgery.
Chewing is legit for brow ridge I guess until early 20s.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
High iq father. Just make sure that overbite is fixed.

There’s studies that prove that Mandibular and maxilla growth to a lesser extent are quite apparent
link these studies. I'm aware of very slight mandibular thickening, but maxillary growth will be complete/practically complete

Chewing is legit for brow ridge I guess until early 20s.
how does chewing affect brow ridge? i can see it giving the illusion of a better brow ridge thorugh upswing which allows for better head tilt, but chewing is not proven at all to have large affects of facial bone strucure in late-pubital males

link these studies. I'm aware of very slight mandibular thickening, but maxillary growth will be complete/practically complete
Source: looksmax.org

A palate expander will greatly help you, just be careful with the braces and elastics. Since elastics literally pulls your maxilla backwards to fix your bite, but all your face may get recessed.
Please discuss any thoughts and doubts with your dentist..
I'll have to find some ways for them to move the mandible forward rather than the maxilla back. More benefits in moving the lower jaw forward (more forward growth) than getting a recessed maxilla

quit trolling. that obviously is not a reliable source nor a study.

Postpubertal craniofacial skeletal and dental changes were examined from lateral cephalograms of Class I males taken when subjects were 16, 18, and 20 years of age by Love et al. [14]. Mandibular growth was found to be statistically significant for the age periods of 16 to 18 years and 18 to 20 years. Growth from 16 to 18 years was greater than that from 18 to 20 years. Maxillary and mandibular growths were highly correlated at each age period. However, overall mandibular growth was approximately twice that of overall maxillary growth. Mandibular growth was found to involve an upward and forward rotation, a result of posterior vertical growth exceeding anterior vertical growth. Lower incisors were found to tip lingually with increasing age.

why are you in frankfurt? :D

im aware that the mandible continues to grow, but the source does not specify by how much. statistically significant is no indication that the growth is actually something that OP can rely on to affect his appearance much