Sideburns: Yes or No with stubble?

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Obviously if clean shaven you need sideburns but what about if you have stubble?

Which looks more attractive/sexy, full sideburns that go into shorter stubble or sideburns that are the same length as stubble (like this):

F5444B56 C105 40D2 8557 8BB69D0A1614

Full sideburns would frame the face but they would also make my already compact mid-face even shorter which I don’t want:

919D1BEE A657 46AD 8AFD 950D20D8DC81

While no sideburns + stubble like 1st pic would theoretically elongate the face and also define the facial bones further.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hit

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 470, KDA Player and Deleted member 3962
First one looks better tbh, but only if you can pull it off

Depends, first one is ideal, just make sure you style it so that the "sideburn" grows under the zygomatic arch for extra "pop" of your zygos, I do this.

Depends, first one is ideal, just make sure you style it so that the "sideburn" grows under the zygomatic arch for extra "pop" of your zygos, I do this.
What would it depend on?

What would it depend on?
Your Zygos, how much they protrude, or are they completely smooth and blend right in with your masseter-gonial region (like a round shaped jaw).

Your Zygos, how much they protrude, or are they completely smooth and blend right in with your masseter-gonial region (like a round shaped jaw).
They blend in and are same width as jaw. However they have the illusion of protruding because my temples above them bow inwards like this:

E3AD77B7 3EEA 4A76 A22A DEF06011B726

What would you suggest for this?

They blend in and are same width as jaw. However they have the illusion of protruding because my temples above them bow inwards like this:

View attachment 214848

What would you suggest for this?
I would say you can still do like the first image, but you need to make sure that the stubble which grows in is very dark, otherwise, as seen in the photo you've shown me, this man is unable to clearly define his zygomatic arch with his stubble, mostly due to the fact his hair is blonde.

It should look more like my avi, notice how the darker hairs, and also how I gathered so much hair in the sideburn region helps to clearly define the zygomatic arch.

I would say you can still do like the first image, but you need to make sure that the stubble which grows in is very dark, otherwise, as seen in the photo you've shown me, this man is unable to clearly define his zygomatic arch with his stubble, mostly due to the fact his hair is blonde.

It should look more like my avi, notice how the darker hairs, and also how I gathered so much hair in the sideburn region helps to clearly define the zygomatic arch.
View attachment 214862
The purpose of that last pic is just to show my skull shape, his hair is irrelevant tbh

I’m Punjabi so my stubble is very dark and prominent, however due to my wide jaw/masseters I don’t have the hollow cheeks and zygo prominence you have.

Do you think no sideburns + stubble would elongate face more than sideburns + stubble?

The purpose of that last pic is just to show my skull shape, his hair is irrelevant tbh

I’m Punjabi so my stubble is very dark and prominent, however due to my wide jaw/masseters I don’t have the hollow cheeks and zygo prominence you have.

Do you think no sideburns + stubble would elongate face more than sideburns + stubble?
I think sideburns and stubble would elongate the face more, sideburns clearly define the face’s width, limiting it almost, thus giving the impression of a longer face.

I think sideburns and stubble would elongate the face more, sideburns clearly define the face’s width, limiting it almost, thus giving the impression of a longer face.
This is true, but it also clearly defines the height of the face and limits that too. Whereas when the sideburns are same length as stubble, the face carries on into the head hair.

In that pic of Paul Walker, his sideburns make his face seem smaller.

• +1
Reactions: EthnicelAscension
This is true, but it also clearly defines the height of the face and limits that too. Whereas when the sideburns are same length as stubble, the face carries on into the head hair.

In that pic of Paul Walker, his sideburns make his face seem smaller.
Then it seems so long as the side burns are equal the stubble, and both are relatively grown out, of course not nearly as much as typical sideburns, then you should be good. Very much like the first pic in OP

Then it seems so long as the side burns are equal the stubble, and both are relatively grown out, of course not nearly as much as typical sideburns, then you should be good. Very much like the first pic in OP
Thanks for the advice!

One last question, is it aesthetic when the temples bow inwards above the zygos like this?

C30F9EA4 AB49 40DC 8469 E4EC7A7E7212

Stubble reigns supreme. It's all about full beard on stubble. Why? two reasons:
1) You show you have high as fuck T capacity to grow full beard
2) You show your jawline is impeccable enough not to mask it with hipster beard and can sport a stubble

Stubble reigns supreme. It's all about full beard on stubble. Why? two reasons:
1) You show you have high as fuck T capacity to grow full beard
2) You show your jawline is impeccable enough not to mask it with hipster beard and can sport a stubble
Bro my question was about sideburns not stubble lol

I already know that stubble is GOAT, especially for ethnics.

Only if ur midface is short

Thanks for the advice!

One last question, is it aesthetic when the temples bow inwards above the zygos like this?

View attachment 215197
Only if you have a strong zygomatic arch under this inward temple shape, this will create the appearance of protruding zygos due to both the top and bottom moving inward.