Silver Investment

PubertyMaxxer

PubertyMaxxer

Face, Height, Frame, Dick
@Moneymaxxed @eduardkoopman @TheMewingBBC

is physical silver coins a good investment opportunity during this crash?

no lol

• +1
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery and Deleted member 2621
retarded ngl, no offence to you

• JFL
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery and TheMewingBBC
Coz it is. What is buying silver gonna do for you? Silver has no earnings, isn't dividend paying, doesn't produce anything. It's a risk-off speculative asset with 1 factor that can make you profit. That factor is capital gains/losses and imo silvers gonna go down in price but that's besides the point. You wanna be earning money when you're young, you don't wanna lock it away just because investing in silver sounds expediently "appealing" for some reason. Unless you're like a 110 year old billionaire who wants to do something for the sake of novelty then don't put money in silver, it's just thoughtless. Even if silver went like 10x in 2 years, which it really really likely wont; it'll still feel pretty shit to you coz you'll be 2 years older and out of pocket of what you invested and your $500-2000 will have 10x'd. And that's the best case scenario which is very unlikely in my anticipations.

If you do decide to invest in silver you'll probably sell it after like a week for a 1-4% loss and realize it was silly. You gotta know exactly what you're gonna do before you do things.

Tell me why investing in silver is so attractive? Maybe I'm wrong and you want to allocate like 0.5% of a $20B fund into silver (which is still retarded imo). But since you're on this forum I can imagine you're not some 98 year old investor.

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC and Moneymaxxed
@Moneymaxxed @eduardkoopman @TheMewingBBC

is physical silver coins a good investment opportunity during this crash?
I don't see it as an investment.

I see it, as a safety net. An insurance.

An insurance against what?
Banks falling, monetairy system getting fucked up, hyper-inflation, war, a currency becoming worthless, and so on, a fucked up government that can take you money away (heard story from someone from Vietnam, how the governement decided like in the 1970's orso every one would start from zero again and all bank savings were wiped out, now that person there is always tryng to exchange excessive amounts of Vietnamese dongs asap into dollars but preferably into gold, they don't trust local currncy).

So stuff like that.

I personally.
in my stock portfolio. Silver is over represented actually at the moment.
I wn stock in 1 silver miner, and I own1 or a few silver ETF (but mostly miners I think, not 100% sure from top of my head).

My gestimation is that silver might go up. Maybe less then gold, because Silver is both a currency but also a metal that is used for certain goods. And thatdemand will shrink with upcomming recession. The safetynet/currency, I gestimate will make it increase.

So basically. I only own paper silver.
The real deal of silver wning, is more safe of an insurance. But I hate how much of a premium is on physical, and all the difficulty that come with owning that physically.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC and Moneymaxxed
You wanna be earning money when you're young, you don't wanna lock it away just because investing in silver sounds expediently "appealing" for some reason.
I don't see it as an investment.

I see it, as a safety net. An insurance.

An insurance against what?
Banks falling, monetairy system getting fucked up, hyper-inflation, war, a currency becoming worthless, and so on, a fucked up government that can take you money away (heard story from someone from Vietnam, how the governement decided like in the 1970's orso every one would start from zero again and all bank savings were wiped out
Basically these tbh
It’s used as a safety net but can be very speculative at times. Here’s a graph for some perspective

Ofc there are better investments out there. Unless you’re ready to keep it till your 60s it’s not worth

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh and MrGlutton
Basically these tbh
It’s used as a safety net but can be very speculative at times. Here’s a graph for some perspective
View attachment 385459
Ofc there are better investments out there. Unless you’re ready to keep it till your 60s it’s not worth

you should have six months worth of silver as insurance money incase there's a collapse

you should have six months worth of silver as insurance money incase there's a collapse
I know common advise from financial advisors, is to have 3-6 months of living expenses in cash; as back up.
Adding to that 6 months of insurance in silver/gold. Is not such a bad general idea.

The thing is though. It all depends on age and total wealth alot.

I mean some 30 year old dude having $24.000, and $2000 of living expenses monthly.
I would not advise him to keep $12.000 in cash; and $12.000 in silver/gold.
But I would more suggest. Keep the $12.000 cash. And the other $12.000; if he wants side income like for exmaple flipping motorbikes I would advise to put it there; or if he passive with the money; I would suggest to put $12.000 for at leat $10.000 into etf's and then maybe $2000 as an insurance/hedge into silver/gold.

I mean, If you are young, able to work, and relatively poor. I don't see much point in keeping alot of silver/gold. It's more for old andwealthy folks, whom want to protect what they have if shit goes down.

To have 3-6 months in cash, I agree for any age.

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC and MrGlutton
I know common advise from financial advisors, is to have 3-6 months of living expenses in cash; as back up.
Adding to that 6 months of insurance in silver/gold. Is not such a bad general idea.

The thing is though. It all depends on age and total wealth alot.

I mean some 30 year old dude having $24.000, and $2000 of living expenses monthly.
I would not advise him to keep $12.000 in cash; and $12.000 in silver/gold.
But I would more suggest. Keep the $12.000 cash. And the other $12.000; if he wants side income like for exmaple flipping motorbikes I would advise to put it there; or if he passive with the money; I would suggest to put $12.000 for at leat $10.000 into etf's and then maybe $2000 as an insurance/hedge into silver/gold.

I mean, If you are young, able to work, and relatively poor. I don't see much point in keeping alot of silver/gold. It's more for old andwealthy folks, whom want to protect what they have if shit goes down.

To have 3-6 months in cash, I agree for any age.

By cash do you mean literal paper cash? Or just money in the bank?

By cash do you mean literal paper cash? Or just money in the bank?
Both.
I personally like to have some cash in paper stored at home also.
I remember Cyprus and Greece happenings, like 5 years ago or so. I dunno. Less the 10 years ago for sure. Bank runs, resulting that banks/government decided you can only withdraw like 25 dollars per day or transfer limited money out of account. I recall the lines at the bank, and people complaining they have to life like a poor person (even though they had money in the bank account, they couldn't get it out).
Fuck that. That's why I keep some paper cash.
I wanna be able to still be able to buy the stuff I find I need it really want, and not be affect by such a thing.

• +1
Reactions: forevergymcelling
invest into gold instead tbh ngl

Silver is not really an investment, it's a store of value.

However yes, it's a good idea to put some of your savings in something tangible, especially in these times.

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman
invest into gold instead tbh ngl
silver is underpriced compared to gold
Why everyone using here wrong words?

Gold and silver are not investment.
It's an insurance (against hyper inflation and systems collapse), or store of value.

When talking about, trying to make money with price fluctuations. The correct terminology is : speculating (on price changes).

Everyone, is talking besides each other.
Because OP, was and is not clear what he wants to use silver for?

It sounds like he wants to use it, for speculating on higher value in the future. Aka, this not for using it as safety net, but to earn money on speculating.
You may be correct.
Some people make or made alot of money with speculating.
I did that in the past also, I am part of the group that lost plenty money through speculating.
You me be much better, or made for that, and maybe you can make good money speculating. I dunno, no one knows.