Simple skin care routine

Masterix

Masterix

Iron
My skin looks meh since I'm quite pale i have a patchy beard and some acne as well.

I've taken beta carotene in form of pills for 4 months varying the dosage each month ( from 15mg to 42 mg), it didn't help at all.

I'm still pale as fuck.

I also take vitamin D and omega 3 fatty acids daily.
I'm not into cleansing and moisturizing but I'm willing to give it a try if it's worthy.
What do you guys recommend me to take, I've read that retinol might help but I have no cloue on how much to take it and when and which form.

Also vitamin C seems to help, anecdotal evidence from this forum, but I don't understand how much to take it some people claim they take 1000 mg, to me it seems way too much.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could set up my skin care routine?

PS: I'd love to read the best of the best section but given that I'm Italian it will take me a shit ton of time to get 100 points, so any point will be highly appreciated

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and JackSparrow
If you're pale, maybe you're not eating enough vegtables or healthy foods.

• +1
Reactions: Masterix and Deleted member 6873
I read that copper deficiency might lead to pale skin. And a cleanser + moisturizer are worth it, i'd suggest just buying it from The Ordinary they're cheap and have quality products.

• +1
Reactions: Schönling, Masterix and JackSparrow
If you're pale, maybe you're not eating enough vegtables or healthy foods.

I eat a pretty standard Mediterranean diet, I tend to avoid processed foot and I do eat a fair amount of vegetables and fruit while avoiding crappy sugary stuff.

My diet won't be 100% on point but I would say it's a decent diet overall..
I'll try to eat more vegetables and fruit though.
Eating healthy is a legit looksmax

• +1
Reactions: JackSparrow
I read that copper deficiency might lead to pale skin. And a cleanser + moisturizer are worth it, i'd suggest just buying it from The Ordinary they're cheap and have quality products.

I've read it too (in this forum) not sure how to handle it though..
Is copper a form of zinc? I'm ignorant about these things..

• +1
Reactions: JackSparrow
I've read it too (in this forum) not sure how to handle it though..
Is copper a form of zinc? I'm ignorant about these things..
No, there are supplements that claim stuff like Zinc, Magnesium etc in one dont buy them imo. Just look for a copper supplement

This is from a dutch site but something like this. And ofc a stand alone zinc supplement is good aswell

• +1
Reactions: Masterix
Gentle cleanser, chemical exfoliant, moisturizer, and sunscreen SPF 50

• +1
Reactions: Schönling and Masterix
Gentle cleanser, chemical exfoliant, moisturizer, and sunscreen SPF 50

I've never understood sunscreen...
I mean, being pale as I currently am a sunscreen won't prevent me from getting a tan?

No, there are supplements that claim stuff like Zinc, Magnesium etc in one dont buy them imo. Just look for a copper supplement

This is from a dutch site but something like this. And ofc a stand alone zinc supplement is good aswell

Thanks, solgar seems to be a good brand, I'll give it a try for some months and I'll update you in the results

I've never understood sunscreen...
I mean, being pale as I currently am a sunscreen won't prevent me from getting a tan?
Even though you're pale, too much sun is very bad for your skin. You'll age very fast that way. Trust me it's bad for collagen.

• +1
Reactions: Schönling and Masterix
Even though you're pale, too much sun is very bad for your skin. You'll age very fast that way. Trust me it's bad for collagen.

Thanks, I'll give it a try maybe... I don't wanna end up using more beauty products than a girl, but perhaps it's the only way for me to get a decent skin

Thanks, I'll give it a try maybe... I don't wanna end up using more beauty products than a girl, but perhaps it's the only way for me to get a decent skin
Look man, dont get too fed up with the "muh skincare is only for girls and faggots" trust while others might find it girly/faggy you'll be the one with smooth plump skin at 30 while they're saggy old prumes

• +1
Reactions: Masterix
Look man, dont get too fed up with the "muh skincare is only for girls and faggots" trust while others might find it girly/faggy you'll be the one with smooth plump skin at 30 while they're saggy old prumes

Yeah u absolutely right

So this could be my "plan" :

1)gentle cleanser once a day and exfoliate once a week, plus cold shower since I enjoy them
2)15 mg of beta carotene (not so sure about its effects on me)
3)zinc, magnesium, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D, one lemon a day plus eating healthy in general avoiding processed food

Would this be good enough?

Yeah u absolutely right

1)gentle cleanser once a day and exfoliate once a week, plus cold shower since I enjoy them
3)zinc, magnesium, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D, one lemon a day plus eating healthy in general avoiding processed food

Yes only thing i'd add is a moisturizer. Besides that good routine bro!

Yeah u absolutely right

No sunscreen = useless skincare routine

Which sunscreen would u recommend?
The ordinary sunscreen is good also there is other good brands

Make sure physical sunscreen broad spectrum with no essential oils and at least 30 SPF