Size, athleticism and skill in hand to hand combat

Pietrosiek

Pietrosiek

Jacked like larry
So i wanted to make this thread becouse many people cope here thinking that one is more important than other. I will use examples from whati saw irl, my own experiences and what i saw in mma (and other) fight. So, lets start

What i mean by size? Weight, height, leg/arm reach, body cirmumference. Of course each of these is coralated with other ones.

What i mean by athleticism? Strenght and explosivness mostly but i would add cardio, flexibility and relex to it.

What i mean by skill? Well, being able to perform techniques, having that musle memory. Other things is understanding of tectics, how body works, what someone may want to do, experiece etc.

I know many people that are not big by any means, shorter than me, sometimes even lighter than me. But raw power that they had was trully huge. I spared with few of those guys and it was true nightmare, especially if it was combined with agressivness. I grappled with guy who weight 64kgs and bench 90kgs, skinny but super strong for his weight, he play football, run, overall type of a guy who would be a killer in his weight class. But when this guy was fighting with other manlet, fat 84kg dude, he wasnt even that super stroing for his weight, HE GOT WRECKED. 20kgs of diifrence played a roll. Rushed a him, took him down, layed on him and it was over.

Weight classes exist for a reasson. Weight foremost is dictacting factor of many fight. Height? Helps with clinch for sure. Leg and arm reach? benefital. Being overall wide dude? Helps in grappling. But the weight is the most important factor.

But what create this weight? bones musle or fat? Well, Im telling you that, musles are great. THey give you the power. But they take away your oxygene too. Fat and bones doesnt. So is being lean ideal for fighting? propably not. Having big skeleton is extreme privlege. You can work on fitness but you cant chnge your skeleton which can give you that natural size advantege

In bjj those athleatic dudes were doing well against bigger oponents if he was really slow, not athleatic and not much bigger than him.

But what about skill? Well, the gap beetween experienced amateur mma fighter and non trained guy is huge. Gap between amateur and averge pro is huge. Gap beetween averge pro and ufc fihgter is huge. Becouse of that even small pro mma fighters would kick ass of gymceled 6'4 dudes who think that being big is all.

Ultimate conclusion. Being big is good, having big skeleton, being athleatic but smart and technical at the same time can be devastating.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: stuckneworleans, 25thpercentile human and Dwarfmaxxer
holy high iq OP. I never thought that muscles mass and fighting skills makes you better at fighting

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4106, stuckneworleans and ChaddeusPeuterschmit
I would fuck you up irl tbh bro

• JFL
Reactions: AbandonShip
So i wanted to make this thread becouse many people cope here thinking that one is more important than other. I will use examples from whati saw irl, my own experiences and what i saw in mma (and other) fight. So, lets start

What i mean by size? Weight, height, leg/arm reach, body cirmumference. Of course each of these is coralated with other ones.

What i mean by athleticism? Strenght and explosivness mostly but i would add cardio, flexibility and relex to it.

What i mean by skill? Well, being able to perform techniques, having that musle memory. Other things is understanding of tectics, how body works, what someone may want to do, experiece etc.

I know many people that are not big by any means, shorter than me, sometimes even lighter than me. But raw power that they had was trully huge. I spared with few of those guys and it was true nightmare, especially if it was combined with agressivness. I grappled with guy who weight 64kgs and bench 90kgs, skinny but super strong for his weight, he play football, run, overall type of a guy who would be a killer in his weight class. But when this guy was fighting with other manlet, fat 84kg dude, he wasnt even that super stroing for his weight, HE GOT WRECKED. 20kgs of diifrence played a roll. Rushed a him, took him down, layed on him and it was over.

Weight classes exist for a reasson. Weight foremost is dictacting factor of many fight. Height? Helps with clinch for sure. Leg and arm reach? benefital. Being overall wide dude? Helps in grappling. But the weight is the most important factor.

But what create this weight? bones musle or fat? Well, Im telling you that, musles are great. THey give you the power. But they take away your oxygene too. Fat and bones doesnt. So is being lean ideal for fighting? propably not. Having big skeleton is extreme privlege. You can work on fitness but you cant chnge your skeleton which can give you that natural size advantege

In bjj those athleatic dudes were doing well against bigger oponents if he was really slow, not athleatic and not much bigger than him.

But what about skill? Well, the gap beetween experienced amateur mma fighter and non trained guy is huge. Gap between amateur and averge pro is huge. Gap beetween averge pro and ufc fihgter is huge. Becouse of that even small pro mma fighters would kick ass of gymceled 6'4 dudes who think that being big is all.

Ultimate conclusion. Being big is good, having big skeleton, being athleatic but smart and technical at the same time can be devastating.
Monkeymaxxing is ideal for this https://looksmax.org/threads/monkeymaxxing-guide.107692/

fucking bumo

Death to 4psl+ man