Skincare-routine. Worthwhile thing to add?

MoggerGaston

MoggerGaston

Nobody mogs like Gaston
My skincare routine is fairly basic:

Morning: Moisturizer+SPF30.

Evening: Tretinoin 0.05% (every other day) + Moisturizer.

What would even be a worthwhile addition to this routine? Thinking of something to do in the evenings on the days that I don't use tretinoin. maybe some type of serum.

But what would help with healthy skin(tone) + anti-aging? vitc? Niacemide? zinc?

suggestiosn welcome

copper peptides for antiaging

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
copper peptides for antiaging

Should I get this for the evenings that I dont use tretinoin? one night tretinoine, next night copper peptides, next night tretinoin, etc.

Or do you recommend an other copper peptide product, no the ordinary one that i linked.

Should I get this for the evenings that I dont use tretinoin? one night tretinoine, next night copper peptides, next night tretinoin, etc.

Or do you recommend an other copper peptide product, no the ordinary one that i linked.
I like the ordinary decent products for a decent price

• +1

If your skin doesent dry, I would expriemnt with niacinimide on days you dont use tret

• +1
Matryxil
Vit c+Vit e+ferulic acid

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 16515 and MoggerGaston
If your skin doesent dry, I would expriemnt with niacinimide on days you dont use tret
But what about the copper peptides?

I have this <Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%> serum from the ordinary.

Maybe using that every morning, and then doing copper peptides on the days I dont use tret

You need a cleanser before applying tret

If you want to go next level:
Exfoliator twice a week, alternate AHA and BHA
Vit C in the mornings, niacinamide in the evenings
mousturizer with hyaluronic acid

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: agoostis
But what about the copper peptides?

I have this <Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%> serum from the ordinary.

Maybe using that every morning, and then doing copper peptides on the days I dont use tret
I think that routne will work make sure to patch test so you dont irritate your skin

If you want to go next level:
Exfoliator twice a week, alternate AHA and BHA
Vit C in the mornings, niacinamide in the evenings
mousturizer with hyaluronic acid
I use this:
Like once a month on my face + problem-areas.

btw why you recommend niacinamide in the evening and vitC in the morning? From what I read the vitC affects the skin-barrier/protection. So it's best to apply in the evening. While niacinamide doesn't affect the skin barrier, but instead protects it. So best to apply in morning.

Matryxil
Vit c+Vit e+ferulic acid
Matryxil looks interesting. When do you apply it?

edit: just found out its also in that buffet+copper peptides formula I linked earlier.

I use this:
Like once a month on my face + problem-areas.

btw why you recommend niacinamide in the evening and vitC in the morning? From what I read the vitC affects the skin-barrier/protection. So it's best to apply in the evening. While niacinamide doesn't affect the skin barrier, but instead protects it. So best to apply in morning.
Vit C in the morning becauses it buffers the skin barrier and helps protect it throughout the day
Niacinamide at night because using it at the same time as vit c will cause both to neutralize each other

Vit C in the morning becauses it buffers the skin barrier and helps protect it throughout the day
Niacinamide at night because using it at the same time as vit c will cause both to neutralize each other
I don't want to make my routine too complicated.
I will add 1 product on the nights that I don't use retin. Probably either buffet copper peptide or matryxil from ordinary.

And for the morning routine I can add 1 thing before my SPF30moisturizer. Either vitC serum or niacinamide. Which one of the 2 would you choose?

I will add 1 product on the nights that I don't use retin. Probably either buffet copper peptide or matryxil from ordinary.

And for the morning routine I can add 1 thing before my SPF30moisturizer. Either vitC serum or niacinamide. Which one of the 2 would you choose?
Just found a third possible peptide: The Ordinary Argireline

So it's either argireline, buffet copper or matryxil. JFL. I am only going to do one of these 3. Just a gamble?

Vit C goes well with sunscreen and helps with antiaging

• +1
I heard that VitC serum increases the efficacy of your sunscreen but that might be bullshit.

What I do know is that VitC serum cannot be applied at the same time as tret (they don't play well together) and tret has to be used in the evening so you can only use Vit C serum in the morning.

• +1
So now I am down to this skincare routine:

AM: (Minoxidil on beard. Wait 10 minutes).
-VitC serum. Wait 2 minutes. SPFMoisturizer.

PM: Tretinoin. Moisturizer. Non-tret days: Peptides. Moisturizer.

Then we skip niacinamide all together tbh.

Have you thought about adding MT2?

As someone who’s naturally pale it has been a godsend for me during winter, it makes my skin tone very lively even though I only spend a few minutes per week at the tanning salon

• +1
Have you thought about adding MT2?

As someone who’s naturally pale it has been a godsend for me during winter, it makes my skin tone very lively even though I only spend a few minutes per week at the tanning salon
What kind of dose are you using?

Been doing beta carrotene for skintone for now

So now I am down to this skincare routine:

AM: (Minoxidil on beard. Wait 10 minutes).
-VitC serum. Wait 2 minutes. SPFMoisturizer.

PM: Tretinoin. Moisturizer. Non-tret days: Peptides. Moisturizer.

Then we skip niacinamide all together tbh.
hey bro how is your skin doing on this routine a month later?

hey bro how is your skin doing on this routine a month later?
minoxidil:

I had it sting a little a couple of times in the beginning when I first applied it. Now I notice nothing from it.
No noticeable effects for hairgrowth or skin yet. Been applying it every single day in the morning.

VitC:

Same, it stings a bit sometimes. Even now.
No noticeable effects for skin/looks yet.

peptides:
I haven't been able to buy any yet.

copper peptides were out of stock locally and also on ordinary's webshop

• +1
Reactions: russwestbrook
minoxidil:

I had it sting a little a couple of times in the beginning when I first applied it. Now I notice nothing from it.
No noticeable effects for hairgrowth or skin yet. Been applying it every single day in the morning.

VitC:

Same, it stings a bit sometimes. Even now.
No noticeable effects for skin/looks yet.

peptides:
I haven't been able to buy any yet.

copper peptides were out of stock locally and also on ordinary's webshop
what about tret results, how's your skin overall and have you thought maybe of Hyaluronic acid alongside with vit c serum i heard they go well together + also a whole month zero invisible gains from minox? have you tried it on eybrows?.
Nice skincare routine overall I'm gonna copy because it's simple and i don't have any acne to use complicated shit i just want my skin to look better also i notcied you didn't talk about using cleanser both am and pm because i think it's necessary.