Skincare routine

F

Futility

Iron
Hey guys,

I am currently studying dermatology at Radboud University (Netherlands) and I'd like to share with you some things I learned about skincare.

- First of all you are going to start with a good cleanser, daily and nightly. Wet your face with warm water and then gently rub your cleanser in with your fingers, Do not pull on your skin be gentle. Rinse it off with lukewarm/cool water.
- Then you are going to want to use a toner, also every day and night. A toner is especially good if you have acne-prone skin, if you have breakouts use a toner with salicylic acid. A toner clears pores deeply and chemically and you do not have to rinse it off.
- After the toner use a vitamin C serum or a Retin-a/ retinol serum. Both of these will increase your collagen production and will help your skin fight acne. Keep 2 things in mind when buying your serum: That every serum has a purge period of about a month. In this month you'll likely get some breakouts but they'll vanish shortly and that both vitamin C and vitamin A (retinol) are anti-oxidants meaning that when they come in contact with oxygen they'll burn up, so make sure that the container/flask is airtight.
- Last but not least you are going to use a moisturizer for the day, preferably one with spf to protect your skin from aging due to sun damage. At night use a night repair cream so your skin can heal.
- Extra: Exfoliate your skin every 3-5 days which will help you get rid of acne scars.

When you buy any products make sure that they are suitable for your skin type. If you have oily skin and you use a heavy moisturizer you'll block your pores and get acne . And if you have a sensitive skin and you use products that contain alcohol you are gonna get a rash. Always do a patch test before you use your new product

If you got any questions feel free to DM me.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: the next o'pry, crosshold, middayshowers and 1 other person
This is common sense.

You have to ask your professor about more ways to increase collagen production.

• +1
Reactions: TylerDurden
Facepalm

This is common sense.

and do a thread

This post was sponsored by the Jewish Dermatology Association

This is common sense.

I plan on updating this thread soon

Hey guys,

I am currently studying dermatology at Radboud University (Netherlands) and I'd like to share with you some things I learned about skincare.

- First of all you are going to start with a good cleanser, daily and nightly. Wet your face with warm water and then gently rub your cleanser in with your fingers, Do not pull on your skin be gentle. Rinse it off with lukewarm/cool water.
- Then you are going to want to use a toner, also every day and night. A toner is especially good if you have acne-prone skin, if you have breakouts use a toner with salicylic acid. A toner clears pores deeply and chemically and you do not have to rinse it off.
- After the toner use a vitamin C serum or a Retin-a/ retinol serum. Both of these will increase your collagen production and will help your skin fight acne. Keep 2 things in mind when buying your serum: That every serum has a purge period of about a month. In this month you'll likely get some breakouts but they'll vanish shortly and that both vitamin C and vitamin A (retinol) are anti-oxidants meaning that when they come in contact with oxygen they'll burn up, so make sure that the container/flask is airtight.
- Last but not least you are going to use a moisturizer for the day, preferably one with spf to protect your skin from aging due to sun damage. At night use a night repair cream so your skin can heal.
- Extra: Exfoliate your skin every 3-5 days which will help you get rid of acne scars.

When you buy any products make sure that they are suitable for your skin type. If you have oily skin and you use a heavy moisturizer you'll block your pores and get acne . And if you have a sensitive skin and you use products that contain alcohol you are gonna get a rash. Always do a patch test before you use your new product

If you got any questions feel free to DM me.
How do I know what skin type I am.

How do I know what skin type I am.
Clean your face using a mild cleanser, wait for about an hour and feel your skin.
If your skin feels tight and parched, you got dry skin.
If your skin feels sticky but only in your t-zone, you got normal/ combination skin.
If your skin feels sticky everywhere, you got oily skin.

• +1
Reactions: slime