SKINCELS GTFIH (PIE)

n1ck.

n1ck.

Iron
just finished blasting accutane, left with mainly PIE / couple boxcar scars, derms retarded and wouldnt prescribe tret (0.05%) bc im too young so had to buy off skinorac

will i disintegrate alternating tret and azelaic acid every night and alternating vit c serum and niacinamide every morning (+ SPF 50 obviously)

day 1 - vitamin c serum (morning)
day 1 - tret (night)

day 2 - niacinamide serum (morning)
day 2 - azelaic acid (night)

day 3 - vitamin c serum (morning)
day 3 - tret (night)
etc.

should i try tazarotene instead of tret for better results + planning laser in future

thoughts / improvements

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: N1666 and descension
just finished blasting accutane, left with mainly PIE / couple boxcar scars, derms retarded and wouldnt prescribe tret (0.05%) bc im too young so had to buy off skinorac

will i disintegrate alternating tret and azelaic acid every night and alternating vit c serum and niacinamide every morning (+ SPF 50 obviously)

day 1 - vitamin c serum (morning)
day 1 - tret (night)

day 2 - niacinamide serum (morning)
day 2 - azelaic acid (night)

day 3 - vitamin c serum (morning)
day 3 - tret (night)
etc.

should i try tazarotene instead of tret for better results + planning laser in future

thoughts / improvements
I'm kinda in the same boat as you.
Blasting accutane as of now and having a shit ton of PIE. Would like to hear some experience how your journey went!

About the plan, using this much shit is pretty useless. Especially starting all of those at the same time would be the worst idea. Always start testing with only one.

In my opinion, azaleic acid and tret should be well enough, using more things ≠ better results. For AM, just wash your face with water and put on spf. No need to use to actives a day, AM and PM.

• +1
Reactions: n1ck.
ive been on tret for a few weeks now and vit c just started abt a week ago, but i would just be starting azelaic and niacinamide now
If you really wanna do all four, then at least start either one of them earlier.

• +1
just wondering abt niacinamide tho bc i see so much 'all cope, niacinamide is the only thing that works' on the forum
This forum is not the place to look for skincare advice really. All of then work, azaleic acid the best.

• +1
ill probably do that then bc these mfs were meant to fade but some have been here for several months - a year +
Yeah it takes some time
If you go out and it really bothers you then get some bb cream

• +1
tazarotene mogs so hard, I’ll share my results with you soon. I tried vit c and azelaic acid and it wasn’t nearly as effective as taz. Within 3 weeks all my hyperpigmentation and PIE was gone, now I’m just waiting for it to fade my scars even more. It’s made my collagen a lot better too

• +1
Alldaychemist
Tretinoinworld
gonna buy off of tretinoinworld. Should i pair taz with azelaic acid? and should i use it daily as my first topical retinoid? would have done isotretinoin for 9 months when i start taz.

• +1
Reactions: N1666
gonna buy off of tretinoinworld. Should i pair taz with azelaic acid? and should i use it daily as my first topical retinoid? would have done isotretinoin for 9 months when i start taz.
I stopped using any other actives just in case it irritated my skin. Id start with only using taz twice a week. You don’t want to overdo it as taz is extremely strong, which is a good thing because you’ll get results quicker.

Then after two weeks, depending on how your skin reacts to it, use it more often. You want to build up to every other night.

• +1
Reactions: perkzz