sleep paralysis experiences

Suave

Suave

xXuCantSTOPmeXx
truly a mystery what this universe contains, no one knows the secrets it holds, im not religious, but theres good and evil, and i've felt the presence of evil before, the most scared ive been in my life was during "sleep", i've legit woken up, not like in a dream, where you wake up and realize it was a dream, no, i've truly woken up, completely unable to move, with shadows in my room, big tall dark creature with glowing eyes standing watching me, my room blinking, teleporting to something like "the upside down", and i've heard many stories from friends about their experiences. truly terrifying.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1338 and Deleted member 7651
It's because the muscle relaxant your brain releases when it's sleep time is still in effect and your hyperactive REM sleep mind begins making associations in the dark

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Atem Rah
It's because the muscle relaxant your brain releases when it's sleep time is still in effect and your hyperactive REM sleep mind begins making associations in the dark
i know the brain paralyses your body so u dont act out ur dreams, but i dont think its any coincidence its always some evil shit, and its different experiences too, it varies so much in fact, from paralysis to paralysis and from person to person, my friend says hes had little creatures pull down his cover, and my dads said hes seen demons come out of the mirror. i dont even see how some people say "its because your brain associates you being paralyzed with in danger" according to science we are all preprogrammed thru evolution with instincts etc, i dont see why we associate danger with some demonic looking spirits, instead of lets say a lion or some other creature that could actually harm us

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1338
I've had auditory hallucinations (people screaming and stuff) but thankfully never anything visual like seeing monsters or shadowy figures

I've had auditory hallucinations (people screaming and stuff) but thankfully never anything visual like seeing monsters or shadowy figures
i've heard of that too, its all so demonic in well documented by others, and i said the same thing above, but i dont understand why our body would associate danger with things that "arent real"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5052
same things goes for dreams too, science makes it seem like everything we've come to be is to survive and better adapt to our environment, and to continue to evolve, i dont see why dreams are the way they are, or why "astral projecting" is a thing

Never had this type of nightmare ever in my life, haven't had a nightmare for years and years tbh

The closest thing I get to a nightmare is dreaming about my ex and the rest of the day she's rent free in my head :feelsree:

truly a mystery what this universe contains, no one knows the secrets it holds, im not religious, but theres good and evil, and i've felt the presence of evil before, the most scared ive been in my life was during "sleep", i've legit woken up, not like in a dream, where you wake up and realize it was a dream, no, i've truly woken up, completely unable to move, with shadows in my room, big tall dark creature with glowing eyes standing watching me, my room blinking, teleporting to something like "the upside down", and i've heard many stories from friends about their experiences. truly terrifying.
My whole life is like one long sleep paralysis

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel, wasted, NothingCanStopMe and 1 other person
I had sleep paralysis but luckly saw nothing i just keep my eyes closed until i can move

This has happened to at least 5 times before . The one time that it really scared the hell out of me was the first time because when I woke up and couldn't move I felt like I was in a crowded place and a lot of people talking like in a party. Then suddenly I heard laughs like demonic creepy laughs coming from people nearby my ears but I couldn't see anyone. The rest I was just paralyzed unable to move no visual or sounds. It doesn't make any sense.

i saw gandy in my sleep paralysisys

big tall dark creature with glowing eyes standing watching me, .

Images   2020 09 22T151947170

I'm narcoleptic and have sleep paralysis a couple times a month. Hallucinations are auditive, "tactile" and visual. However, I learnt not to open my eyes with time, it helps.

Even tho I'm used to it, I still can't help but feel terrified, though.

I'm narcoleptic and have sleep paralysis a couple times a month. Hallucinations are auditive, "tactile" and visual. However, I learnt not to open my eyes with time, it helps.

Even tho I'm used to it, I still can't help but feel terrified, though.
i feel you, i've woken up multiple times before knowing im paralyzed, and its like im ready for it but for some reason, its impossible to over come the fear, i sort of think rationally like "ok just move your feet and hands" "close your eyes" "try to breath" and im sure it helps a bit but, but at the same time it doesnt help for shit, i feel like you can train your brain to overcome many fears, just buy facing them, but this, this is different.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4645
i feel you, i've woken up multiple times before knowing im paralyzed, and its like im ready for it but for some reason, its impossible to over come the fear, i sort of think rationally like "ok just move your feet and hands" "close your eyes" "try to breath" and im sure it helps a bit but, but at the same time it doesnt help for shit, i feel like you can train your brain to overcome many fears, just buy facing them, but this, this is different.

Exactly, it's an insane experience that completely takes over you, no matter how "familiar" you're.

• +1
Reactions: Suave
i once looked up a lot of stuff about aliens for a while, watched shit ton of videos, sites, interviews etc. and a day later i woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t move but felt very peaceful.
they told me to stop researching so i never did it again

they threatened me but it felt so peaceful