Sleeping before vs after midnight - myth or truth

Need2Ascend

Need2Ascend

Your face is your fate
A friend told me the sleep hours before midnight are more valuable(x2) than after (22:00-5:00 vs 24:00-7:00). I heard this before already and you probably aswell, but I'd say it doesn't matter much since it just depends on what your body is used to, as long as you go to bed when it's completely dark and wake up before/at sunrise.

Share your thoughts

Ive never slept before midnight. I usually sleep 6-2

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and Need2Ascend
It doesen’t matter

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Need2Ascend
Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, fjor2096, CristianT and 2 others
It doesn't really matter as long as you have a consistent and heathy sleep schedule.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Need2Ascend
Sleeping too late is bad but sleeping at 12-2 am is acceptable, your body just wants a time to repair itself and it just happens that 10-12 am is usually when people slept and darkness was ample to produce deep sleep, if youre sleeping in a dark room or wearing nightmask you can sleep whenever provided it isnt too late ie. later than 1 am since youll catch only sunlight at early noon which is less optimal than sunligght at early morning thats the only reason why too late is bad since youll be messing up dopamine

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and Need2Ascend
I feel so much better in the morning going to bed before midnight :ogre:

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
Yes because naturally melatonin peaks between 9 and 11pm, and production is gone by 6-8am. So if you sleep at like 1am then the sleep won't be as deep cause a portion of it will be spent into a low melatonin state

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Need2Ascend, Deleted member 15827 and 1 other person
melatonin peaks between 9 and 11pm
That probably depends on the season though I would say and can vary from person to person too depending on when they normally go to bed

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
It's accepted by pretty much everyone that going to bed at 10 is best. Problem is, you can't really function in society if you go to bed at 10.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
That probably depends on the season though I would say and can vary from person to person too depending on when they normally go to bed
Simply put the best time to sleep is when you feel sleepy af, thats unironically how humans in nature are supposed to sleep. We evolved in Africa and day/nights there are very different from Europe so thats a problem, Europe isn't the natural continent for humans, if we whites had black skin we would still thrive the best in Africa

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Need2Ascend