Sliding genioplasty for a short, recessed chin?

ApeCigger

ApeCigger

Iron
My chin is pretty short, which I think is a major contributor to my face being short, would a sliding genioplasty be a good corrective choice for this jaw/chin/lower face?

Attachments

• PXL_20230327_234859421.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230327_234859421.PORTRAIT.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230328_083803019.jpg
    PXL_20230328_083803019.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 0
Yes do horizontal + vertical genio

• +1
Reactions: jamesjohnsmith1959, VenatorLuparius and 5.5psl
Also ignore my gross lips I'm gonna do lip reduction to shrink and correct them

I was looking at sliding genioplasty, is that what that is?
Yeah but some people don’t do vertical because their chin looks normal from the front but small from the side (this is my case so I’m just doing horizontal genio). Your chin looks short from the side and front so you’ll need vertical. Most surgeons don’t do vertical so you’ll need to find someone who will do a significant movement in that department. It will cost more than regular genio and because of the bone graft the recovery is longer, but you need it.

My chin is pretty short, which I think is a major contributor to my face being short, would a sliding genioplasty be a good corrective choice for this jaw/chin/lower face?
I have similar chin problem that u do, and idk how to solve it. On one hand i was hoping that implants alone would do the trick but now i am starting to doubt that, tag me if sm gives good result pics

• +1
Reactions: ApeCigger
Yeah but some people don’t do vertical because their chin looks normal from the front but small from the side (this is my case so I’m just doing horizontal genio). Your chin looks short from the side and front so you’ll need vertical. Most surgeons don’t do vertical so you’ll need to find someone who will do a significant movement in that department. It will cost more than regular genio and because of the bone graft the recovery is longer, but you need it.
So no sliding genioplasty or sliding genioplasty with vertical? Also do you know about the price something like that would be in America? Or would turkey be better if there's a good doctor there

I have similar chin problem that u do, and idk how to solve it. On one hand i was hoping that implants alone would do the trick but now i am starting to doubt that, tag me if sm gives good result pics
A lot of implants have always looked fake to me so I haven't really considered them tbh

Stay away from implants, not just because they look bad. Also wouldn't rule out a standard horizontal genio since it generally still enhances vertical appearance from the front, I would say it's worth consulting a surgeon and getting some predictive imaging done.

• +1
Reactions: CyberPsychodelic, Apegoneinsane and VenatorLuparius
Stay away from implants, not just because they look bad. Also wouldn't rule out a standard horizontal genio since it generally still enhances vertical appearance from the front, I would say it's worth consulting a surgeon and getting some predictive imaging done.
I was planning on doing both basically, idk if that would need two procedures, also yeah I'll try consultations when I have more money saved up

• +1
Reactions: DefinitelyNT
So no sliding genioplasty or sliding genioplasty with vertical? Also do you know about the price something like that would be in America? Or would turkey be better if there's a good doctor there
Yes sliding genioplasty with vertical. Turkey is only for rhino and hair transplant. I’m going to the best surgeon in my area and USD it’s 7k but with vertical it would be like 9k.

• +1
Reactions: ApeCigger
Yes agree with this guy, never implants they look like someone just slapped a chin on a recessed mandible whereas genio looks like your whole lower third looks better and natural. Also agree that a significant horizontal movement greatly enhances vertical. We need to see the side profile to know for sure.

• +1
Reactions: ApeCigger and VenatorLuparius
Yes add some vertical height (with graft) and horizontal sliding.

No need to overpay a surgeon for that. Any good maxillofacial surgeon can do that easy peasy.

Yep. Only got horizontal sliding but the from the front it looks like I gained vertical height because of the perspective. The closer things appear the bigger they look.

• +1
Reactions: hekch
Yep. Only got horizontal sliding but the from the front it looks like I gained vertical height because of the perspective. The closer things appear the bigger they look.
Nice, did you find it got noticeably narrower following the genioplasty? Or was it negligble? Also how much advancement? Just getting genio myself later this yr, so I'm interested

Sorry

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj
Yes add some vertical height (with graft) and horizontal sliding.

No need to overpay a surgeon for that. Any good maxillofacial surgeon can do that easy peasy.
What would be an overpayed price and what would be a good one.

What would be an overpayed price and what would be a good one.
It depends of where you live.

3-4k in western Europe is the common price. More than that is scam.

For the US/Canada about 7k.More than that and that’s overpaying for an overhyped surgeon that won’t make you look any better than an average one.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 24444
It depends of where you live.

3-4k in western Europe is the common price. More than that is scam.

For the US/Canada about 7k.More than that and that’s overpaying for an overhyped surgeon that won’t make you look any better than an average one.
3 to 4k for vertical genio? Know any good surgeons in western Europe for that?

Alr nice, could I also see your result pics if you don't mind?

can i pm?