Smolov Jr works!

Mouthbreath

Mouthbreath

Looksmaxer
Smolov Jr is a well known powerlifting program, google it if you haven't heard about it.

After slowly loosing strength week by week while cutting, I started smolov Jr for my incline bench press.

I lost about 10kg on my incline bench while I was cutting from 88kg down to now 72kg. The last 5 months I have made no strength gains, despite eating right every single day, and never missing a single workout.

So I ran smolov Jr for three weeks while being in a deficit (loosing about 0.5-1kg of bw a week) and I regained all my lost strength through the program (about 10kg on my incline bench)

There are tons of people with similar experiences, although most run it while in a caloric surplus, and it is supposed to be only used for the flat bench and squat. It is a lot of work and you will have to prioritise the bench press over all other lifts, however it will be definitely worth it to run this program.

tldr: I gained 10kg on my 1rm for incline bench in just 3 weeks (simultaneously loosing bodyweight)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Casadonis and Deleted member 11099