So if you have an overbite you can't have good forward growth?

sickdawgie

sickdawgie

Banned
Theoretically couldn't above average forward growth despite the overbite compensate for it? If your jaw length was equal to that of a non recessed person would they have then equal jaw visibility?

There are plenty of people with an overbite that compensate it some other way to still have jaw visibility, what is it, forward growth, bone density?

• +1
Reactions: TallDarkAndHandsome
when my doctor tells me i shouldn't get the surgery for my recession why dont they describe HOW my jaw is compensating for the recession man

• +1
Reactions: TallDarkAndHandsome
Theoretically couldn't above average forward growth despite the overbite compensate for it? If your jaw length was equal to that of a non recessed person would they have then equal jaw visibility?

There are plenty of people with an overbite that compensate it some other way to still have jaw visibility, what is it, forward growth, bone density?
For me it’s a mix. Partially bc of good forward maxillary growth, but it’s mostly because of my good chin projection. My side profile looks similar to Mads Mikkelsens unfrauded.

Attachments

• EBA7F05C-F264-4E3F-A117-37B4B51480A5.png
    EBA7F05C-F264-4E3F-A117-37B4B51480A5.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: sickdawgie
For me it’s a mix. Partially bc of good forward maxillary growth, but it’s mostly because of my good chin projection. My side profile looks similar to Mads Mikkelsens unfrauded.
I also have a strong chin, but there are plenty of recessed people with strong chins who look like complete shit, e.g this guy. What separates us from him? He's just MORE recessed?