So.... Is high protein to build muscle a fucking myth ?

Eduardo DOV

Eduardo DOV

Kraken
this is a brutal blackpill tbh
I already suspected of it but... "muh science"

how do you explain this?:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
just inject bro

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, Deleted member 7580 and Deleted member 16380
To a point. Any increase after 1.5 - to 1.7 grams per kg is pretty much meaningless for regular people.

Whey protein marketers don't like this comment.

• +1
Reactions: zevroh, ShowerMaxxing, Lmao and 14 others
he's on roids mate

i thought this was obvious by now, don't trust "vegan" bodybuilders. most of the time they just do it for attention and views and they eat meat and eggs when the camera is off

• +1
Reactions: urielRanhel, Deleted member 14392, ShowerMaxxing and 10 others
90 to 120g for natural lifting is enough.
The 1,5g per pounds rule is for juicers who can afford to destroy their muscle tissue with high volume because their protein synthesis capacity is boosted.
6 to 8 sets per muscles and a small caloric surplus does the job for nattys

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, cutecel, TsarTsar444 and 3 others
he's on roids mate

i thought this was obvious by now, don't trust "vegan" bodybuilders. most of the time they just do it for attention and views and they eat meat and eggs when the camera is off
even if he is on roids, isn't the mainstream theory of bodybuilders that those who use anabolic steroids should consume more protein than a natural one?
He says he is consuming only 80g of protein/day at maximum

To a point. Any increase after 1.5 - to 1.7 grams per kg is pretty much meaningless for regular people.

Whey protein marketers don't like this comment.
this is already a lot for the average person, more than 50g of protein is already more than a regular person consume

90 to 120g for natural lifting is enough.
The 1,5g per pounds rule is for juicers who can afford to destroy their muscle tissue with high volume because their protein synthesis capacity is boosted.
6 to 8 sets per muscles and a small caloric surplus does the job for nattys
I used to think that, but now I think we need even less than that

even if he is on roids, isn't the mainstream theory of bodybuilders that those who use anabolic steroids should consume more protein than a natural one?
He says he is consuming only 80g of protein/day at maximum

this is already a lot for the average person, more than 50g of protein is already more than a regular person consume

I used to think that, but now I think we need even less than that
50 grams of protein is like the minimum you need a day if you don't lift lol.

Just try to hit 100gr if you lift 3-4-5 times/week. Even if you're a bit above on protein at least you don't waste potential muscle gains.

You literally have nothing to lose.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest, Preoximerianas, Elvisandreaa and 2 others
50 grams of protein is like the minimum you need a day if you don't lift lol.

Just try to hit 100gr if you lift 3-4-5 times/week. Even if you're a bit above on protein at least you don't waste potential muscle gains.

You literally have nothing to lose.
I already consume 100g bro...
I'm seeing these comments of people on the internet and remembering when I ate almost no protein a day and still gained a muscle, I'm thinking about these construction workers too who have muscle and eat more carbohydrates than anything :hnghn:

so many frauds jfl

0.8-1g per pound of bodyweight, nothing to overthink here.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and Deleted member 17244
u wanna challange the science? I saw your thread about SPF lol. Mirin retardation if you are based on several pics of models and chang-botcher's video :ROFLMAO:
science = several studies contradictory with each other

Also how I build a giga wide back only eating some chicken breasts at night and 4 eggs per day as source of protein

keep laughing like a prostitute, you pathetic bitch

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
calories matter more, tracking your protein down to the gram is honestly retarded. if you eat a surplus of calories and feel full after every meal you’ll gain muscle.

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, TsarTsar444 and Eduardo DOV
I feel like shit and I'm weak as fuck if I eat less than 200 grams a day (I weigh around 205lbs). I feel the best when I eat around 230-250 grams of protein a day

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest
I feel like shit and I'm weak as fuck if I eat less than 200 grams a day (I weigh around 205lbs). I feel the best when I eat around 230-250 grams of protein a day
isnt it the calories? why would you feel like shit from not eating more than 200g of protein

JFL at trusting "nattys" on the internet, specially vegan, kill yourself.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Preoximerianas and 4 others

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
0.8-1g per pound of bodyweight, nothing to overthink here.
The .8g per pound figure is the upper upper limit that has been suggested out of all studies so far so it’s probably a massive overshoot, even that specific study says it probably is iirc. Not only is protein typically expensive and hard to prepare but it has been proven to age you more rapidly than eating a lower protein diet.

I still shoot for .8g/lb myself cause I don’t want to waste potential gains but there is definitely reason to question that figure

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Eduardo DOV
Med student here, protein for muscles is the biggest meme of the century, 1.6g per kg is more then enough to build muscles

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 13787, ShowerMaxxing and 5 others
JFL at trusting "nattys" on the internet, specially vegan, kill yourself.
tbh why would he lie about this? there are several vegans who eat a lot of protein, just search it on youtube and you'll see

what about the comments? why would they be lying, there are a shit ton of comments of people saying they built muscle with small protein intake

Med student here, protein for muscles is the biggest meme of the century, 1.6g per kg is more then enough to build muscles
The .8g per pound figure is the upper upper limit that has been suggested out of all studies so far so it’s probably a massive overshoot, even that specific study says it probably is iirc. Not only is protein typically expensive and hard to prepare but it has been proven to age you more rapidly than eating a lower protein diet.

I still shoot for .8g/lb myself cause I don’t want to waste potential gains but there is definitely reason to question that figure

1.6g/kg or 1.8g/kg idk is what studies found to be the point where increasing it makes no difference, isnt it? Is there a minimum they found to build muscle, like less than that its impossible ?

if there isnt a minimum, so its not bullshit that you can build muscle with very small intake, just like these people are claiming they did

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
will i put myself on danger if i take 120g while roiding?
isnt roiding supposed to increase muscle synthesis, so you'd need more protein to explore your increased potential ?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
1.6g/kg or 1.8g/kg idk is what studies found to be the point where increasing it makes no difference, isnt it? Is there a minimum they found to build muscle, like less than that its impossible ?

if there isnt a minimum, so its not bullshit that you can build muscle with very small intake, just like these people are claiming they did
Yeah, they found almost no difference between 1.6 and 2.0. My only problem with this is that idk how they measure the protein, there is quite the difference between 60g animal protein + 90g plant protein vs 100g animal protein and 50g plant protein

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Elvisandreaa and 1 other person
Yeah, they found almost no difference between 1.6 and 2.0. My only problem with this is that idk how they measure the protein, there is quite the difference between 60g animal protein + 90g plant protein vs 100g animal protein and 50g plant protein
probably animal protein or it was a balanced diet

It is a myth made by multibillionare companies so that they can sell more, for example protein powders.
Also that is one of ways how all those roiding influencers hide that they are injecting, they like to say "aM eAtInG 250g oF PrOtEiN DaIlY."
So no you don't need a lot of protein, the gainz are all hormonal, that's why they inject.

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Eduardo DOV
probably animal protein or it was a balanced diet
If it was animal protein then thr 1.6g figure would be cope cause they didn't take the plant food the participants ate into consideration, but i doubt this. Anyways ideal is 110g animals protein + 40g plant

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Eduardo DOV
If it was animal protein then thr 1.6g figure would be cope cause they didn't take the plant food the participants ate into consideration, but i doubt this. Anyways ideal is 110g animals protein + 40g plant
tbh I only count animal protein :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444
tbh I only count animal protein :lul:
Thats not really good tho jfl, you can easily go up to 200g of protein total daily which is not good for the body

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
Thats not really good tho jfl, you can easily go up to 200g of protein total daily which is not good for the body
easily ? how

I'm eating
5 eggs, 30g protein
250g chicken/meat, 50g protein
yogurt/milk, gives 12g protein
30g whey protein, 24g protein

that makes 115g protein

I dont find it easy tbh, wish to eat less and have some cool results ;/

He is roided, it's fucking obvious.

Are we born today to even consider him legit ?

• JFL
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
He is roided, it's fucking obvious.

Are we born today to even consider him legit ?
even if he is roided, he is lying about the protein intake? shouldnt protein intake for roided guys be even bigger to maximize results ?

• +1
Reactions: KDA Player
also, fuck this guy, see comments of people, why is everybody lying, whats the problem with these people then

• +1
Reactions: KDA Player
even if he is roided, he is lying about the protein intake? shouldnt protein intake for roided guys be even bigger to maximize results ?
Maybe, maybe not, he can still get fine with vegan proteins.

Roids have too much impact on the metabolism, watch the herbivores, their genetic and hormones make them fucking big with lot of muscle. To make it simple, Roids > proteins.

• +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV and Tallooksmaxxer
isnt roiding supposed to increase muscle synthesis, so you'd need more protein to explore your increased potential ?
i am pretty sure your body doesnt build 120g muscle daily.

Maybe, maybe not, he can still get fine with vegan proteins.

Roids have too much impact on the metabolism, watch the herbivores, their genetic and hormones make them fucking big with lot of muscle. To make it simple, Roids > proteins.
i am pretty sure your body doesnt build 120g muscle daily.

tbh the data we have is that 1.6g/kg that was found to be the quantity that is ENOUGH to maximize muscle growth, its not like its the minimum to build muscle, jfl.

gymcels know that:

So yes, its kinda a meme for the regular person to think they cant have a good physique cause they cant afford shit ton of protein and shit. Just eat some protein and train hard theory.

I just find it extremely inconvenient to eat that much protein sources, it sucks to me.

Last edited:
tbh the data we have is that 1.6g/kg that was found to be the quantity that is ENOUGH to maximize muscle growth, its not like its the minimum to build muscle, jfl.

gymcels know that:

View attachment 1654291

View attachment 1654300

So yes, its kinda a meme for the regular person to think they cant have a good physique cause they cant afford shit ton of protein and shit. Just eat some protein and train hard theory.

I just find it extremely inconvenient to eat that much protein sources, it sucks to me.
jfl i aint going broke for protein. 120 g enough which is equal to 1.3 g protein per kg if i reach 90 kg.

• +1
Reactions: eyebagcel
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12002
easily ? how

I'm eating
5 eggs, 30g protein
250g chicken/meat, 50g protein
yogurt/milk, gives 12g protein
30g whey protein, 24g protein

that makes 115g protein

I dont find it easy tbh, wish to eat less and have some cool results ;/
Do you only eat these nothing else? Count other stuff's protein too not just animal sources. Mix your protein powder with milk.

High protein diets are not a meme but benefits are probably minimal in bulk.

Is that per LEAN body mass? I remember seeing on lookism a study showing not mch difference after 1.2kg per kg of LEAN BODY MASS.

Is 1.6 big difference to the 1.2?

80kg with 10% body fat should result in 72kg x 1.6 = 115.2 grams of protein