So Melanin works as a Sunscreen ?

Eduardo DOV

Eduardo DOV

Kraken

It was wrote by a nigger:woke:

• JFL
Reactions: House Lannister
so if you get enough sun but don't burn yourself, but develop a tan, will that tan protect you from the rest of the day's UV?
Of course, you could be neutralizing the effect or still having more damage because you would take more sun than someonw untanned to develop the tan

anyway, burning is very bad, tan is to protect against burning

so if you get enough sun but don't burn yourself, but develop a tan, will that tan protect you from the rest of the day's UV?
Of course, you could be neutralizing the effect or still having more damage because you would take more sun than someonw untanned to develop the tan

anyway, burning is very bad, tan is to protect against burning
shut up nigga

yes retard. same with dark eyes protection from sun damage

Yes, that is why people with skin conditions which make them burn easily qualify for Afamelanotide implants (Melanotan-1). It causes them to produce more melanin and so they can tolerate the sun. However, a tan on a pasty person only gives about 5-10 SPF. You still need sunscreen. But yes blacks get far less photoaging hence the saying “black don’t crack”.

The option for pasty people is to buy Melanotan (usually 2 because it has a longer half life) and use low doses for additional sun protection. Personally I’m avoiding it because it leads to moles.

• +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
Yes, that is why people with skin conditions which make them burn easily qualify for Afamelanotide implants (Melanotan-1). It causes them to produce more melanin and so they can tolerate the sun. However, a tan on a pasty person only gives about 5-10 SPF. You still need sunscreen. But yes blacks get far less photoaging hence the saying “black don’t crack”.

The option for pasty people is to buy Melanotan (usually 2 because it has a longer half life) and use low doses for additional sun protection. Personally I’m avoiding it because it leads to moles.
thanks, interesting.

tf is moles?
can you illustrate what would be a pasty person?
How does this tan classify?:

thanks, interesting.

tf is moles?
can you illustrate what would be a pasty person?
How does this tan classify?:

Just Google ‘Skin moles’.

Pasty is Fitzpatrick types 1 and 2, without a tan. Both these types struggle to tan, especially type 1.

0B97B8B0 A3C1 4C5F A972 2751BF8F96BE

I cannot tell from that photo because photos are yellow anyway, but I’d guess it’s naturally a Fitzpatrick type 2 with a tan making it golden brown. Fitzpatrick types aren’t shades of tan though. A tanned type 2 doesn’t become a type 3.

• +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV