Sodium bloat vs carb bloat?

serbiangandy

serbiangandy

Bronze
Which contributes more to facial bloat? Is it better to have a good sodium potassium ratio or to do low carb? Is it both in conjunction? Or is the secret to bloatminning actually something else like low vasopressin through nofap?

Carbs fill up ur muscle glycogen. Sodium Potassium ratio is what actually causes the bloat. I’d recommend increasing ur potassium intake

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20370, Elvisandreaa, Moggie and 3 others
Decrease sodium and increase potassium, sodium is hard to cut as it is everywhere, all I can say is minimise usage of sauces and added salt / pepper, stop eating processed foods and fast food. You need your potassium intake to be at minimum 3 times your sodium.

Decrease sodium and increase potassium, sodium is hard to cut as it is everywhere, all I can say is minimise usage of sauces and added salt / pepper, stop eating processed foods and fast food. You need your potassium intake to be at minimum 3 times your sodium.
very interesting, do you have a scientific source on that (potassium intake >3x sodium intake) ?
theres some very varying recommandation on potassium intake its confusing, is it really varying on sodium intake or do you take in account bw/bf ?

• +1
Reactions: Moggie
very interesting, do you have a scientific source on that (potassium intake >3x sodium intake) ?
theres some very varying recommandation on potassium intake its confusing, is it really varying on sodium intake or do you take in account bw/bf ?
The ideal ratios (sodium-potassium) are 0.49 or less for the general population and 0.32 for at-risk populations, based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 19 2010. It says 1500mg is guideline sodium intake and 4700mg for potassium. 2.8% of people are at the 3:1 ratio, 8.9% are at 2:1 and 38.6% are at 1:1. Bare in mind this is people at risk of hypertension so these people are older and may have less adequate nutrition due to be screened as at risk peoples.

The sodium-potassium ratio: adherence to guidelines in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis

Anyway I would say you want to have 3x the potassium intake to sodium, it is actually harder than you think to restrict sodium intake to 1500mg a day.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member and Deleted member 18320
2.8% of people are at the 3:1 ratio, 8.9% are at 2:1 and 38.6% are at 1:1.
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Here comes potassium bicarbonate on top of my supp list

• +1
Which contributes more to facial bloat? Is it better to have a good sodium potassium ratio or to do low carb? Is it both in conjunction? Or is the secret to bloatminning actually something else like low vasopressin through nofap?
tbh idk, but my face gets SOOOO bloated in the morning I look so bad, and my stomach gets very bloated after eating, if there are ways to fix this (especially the face one, that would be great) lemme know if somone talks about anyways on this post

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Here comes potassium bicarbonate on top of my supp list
Probs get your blood checked first though

What is a safe or normal potassium level?​

A typical potassium level for an adult falls between 3.5 and 5.0 millimoles per liter (mmol/L). Hyperkalemia occurs when levels go above 5.5 mmol/L. A reading above 6.5 mmol/L can cause heart problems that require immediate medical attention.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18320
Over for me and my shit processed food diet, my ratio is 4:1 jfl:lul::lul::lul::lul: calculated from myfitnesspal
Never used to pay attention to this, never again
I understand why im permabloated:feelswhy:
One day I spreged out and calculated my macros and got this

Calories 2540 - Protein 101.4g - Fat 104.4g - Carb 284g - Sodium 3140.2mg - Potassium 2400.4mg - Calcium 577mg - Caffeine 568.8mg

ngl I should supplement it aswell, idk why calcium is so low aswell :feelsmega:

Last edited:
  • +1
One day I spreged out and calculated my macros and got this

Calories 2540 - Protein 101.4g - Fat 104.4g - Carb 284g - Sodium 3140.2mg - Potassium 2400.4mg - Calcium 577mg - Caffeine 568.8mg

ngl I should supplement it aswell, idk why calcium is so low aswell :feelsmega:
seems pretty clean depending on bw but your carbs are very low, dont you have pb with that ?
I eat 420g of carbs a day but im gymaxxed & train daily so I need the energy

• +1
seems pretty clean depending on bw but your carbs are very low, dont you have pb with that ?
I eat 420g of carbs a day but im gymaxxed & train daily so I need the energy
yeah I recorded this 2 months, currently 6 foot 143 lbs.

• +1
yeah I recorded this 2 months, currently 6 foot 143 lbs.
model physique nice, you gymcellin a bit ? you should go for 175 bro

• +1
model physique nice, you gymcellin a bit ? you should go for 175 bro
I have been working out at home but been too lazy to get a gym membership, uni break is coming up I'll get it then.

tbh idk, but my face gets SOOOO bloated in the morning I look so bad, and my stomach gets very bloated after eating, if there are ways to fix this (especially the face one, that would be great) lemme know if somone talks about anyways on this post
I haven't found a solution after 10+ years of searching besides what Moggie said, you just need to cut out added salt, sauces etc.

Everything in markets and convenience stores is filled with salt. It sucks. It also sucks to cook everything yourself from scratch to make sure it doesn't have a metric ton of salt in it.

I'm only completely debloated when I cook myself and make sure the food is rich in potassium but not sodium.
Chicken, turkey and lean beef are good sources of potassium. If you eat fruits, banana is a good source of potassium (though high carb). Potato is a good source.

Note - food doesn't have to taste bland without sodium! It only initially does, because you are used to sodium overload like 99% of the general population.
Use seasonings or eat it as-is, your palate will get used to it. Your ancestors have lived hundreds of thousands of years eating meats without a mountain of salt on top of it. You will get used to it.

I got used to it within weeks.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055 and Moggie