Some less known facts about Minoxidil (topical route)

GreekGenes

GreekGenes

Mediterraneanmaxxed Specimen
1. You don't actually need to let the minoxidil absorb for 4+ hours as it says on the bottle. I've good it on good authority from 2 derms that more than 50% of the product has basically been absorbed into the hair follicle area after an hour.
> this is especially important for people who hate the sticky look minoxidil can give your hair
> this was also stated by the doctors on the youtube channel "hair loss show", one of the doctors having been involved in the original Minoxidil trials back in the 1980s.

2. Dermarolling + minoxidil does not actually increase cardiac side effects. While dermarolling pokes little holes into your scalp skin, the increased absorption does NOT lead to severe systemic side effects. At least not as long as you keep a reasonably low needle length (0.25-0.5mm). And you do not need to wait for 24 hours after dermarolling to apply minox (defeats the purpose of dermarolling for enhanced absorption, actually, since the mentioned "holes" will have healed)

3. Minoxidil grows hair E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E it's applied, as long as hair follicles exist in the area. The crown of your scalp, the temples, everywhere. And it also works for a-n-y kind of body hair.

4. Salicylates, especially orally in the form of Aspirin (acetylsalicylate), counteract minoxidil's efficacy. By inhibiting the Minoxidil Sulfotransferase enzyme* they can render minoxidil (topical AND oral) useless.

*minoxidil sulfotransferase (sult1a1) is the enzyme that converts minoxidil into the necessary form for it to work on your follicles, minoxidil sulfate.

I could add more stuff but it would probably make the thread tl;dr. May add more in later posts in this thread.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: pl@yboi, BucketCrab, framemoggerr and 7 others
minox made me gain 1 cm of hairs on my temples :love:

1. You don't actually need to let the minoxidil absorb for 4 hours as it says on the bottle. I've good it on good authority from 2 derms that more than 50% of the product has basically been absorbed into the hair follicle area after an hour.
relating this to applying it on Eyebrows, does this mean i should rinse it with water after an hour?

Some extra sources:

2. "How long to apply minoxidil after dermarolling?"

4. Low-dose daily aspirin reduces topical minoxidil efficacy in androgenetic alopecia patients

relating this to applying it on Eyebrows, does this mean i should rinse it with water after an hour?
Are you applying the foam? The foam is absorbed more than twice as fast as the liquid, so in theory its been absorbed by that point. But the longer you leave it on the better the effects may be.

Just make sure none of the minoxidil gets inside your eyes since it can cause a medical emergency. (thrombosis inside the eye)

• +1
Reactions: FUE Mogger
Very good thread

• +1
Reactions: GreekGenes