(Some) Posterior tongue ties might not even exist

Rt-Rust1

Rt-Rust1

Oh God
To start with this, I' adress the fact that tongue ties DO exist and some posterior tongue ties might be real. that being said, I think in some cases most of the "shortness" might be actually caused by a curved spine.

Tongue frenulum is made out of facia that goes all the way down to the pelvic floor and attaches to it. So, if somebody has a curvature on their spine (scoliosis) then one side will be droppy because one side of the facia is pulled down (the spine, not being straight, can't reach its correct highest point and therefore neither can the facia - frenulum) so, because of this the tongue can't reach the roof of the mouth.

If I ain't wrong tongue ties usually occur more on one side than the on other. So, this may be the reason or one reason

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Jew_Supremacist, Deleted member 9467 and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
I theorize it’s the other way around

But nutrition in the womb followed by bad chewing and breathing patterns caused the attachment of the tongue tie

Tongue tie then causes bad posture

My other theory is that tongue ties are basically completely genetic and increase iq at the cost of physical health. Posterior tongue ties in particular. Posterior tongue ties cause a high arched palate, which decreases vagal tone (which in turn makes you more neurotic) and adhd (highly associated with high arched palate) which ultimately increases iq at the cost of physical health. Extremely high iq is correlated with allergies, which is essential bad airway, and I theorize that that is connected to the high arched palate, which is a result of posterior tongue ties

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1
I theorize it’s the other way around

But nutrition in the womb followed by bad chewing and breathing patterns caused the attachment of the tongue tie

Tongue tie then causes bad posture

My other theory is that tongue ties are basically completely genetic and increase iq at the cost of physical health. Posterior tongue ties in particular. Posterior tongue ties cause a high arched palate, which decreases vagal tone (which in turn makes you more neurotic) and adhd (highly associated with high arched palate) which ultimately increases iq at the cost of physical health. Extremely high iq is correlated with allergies, which is essential bad airway, and I theorize that that is connected to the high arched palate, which is a result of posterior tongue ties
Fuck, people always get surprised at 'how intelligent I am' (they really think I may be some kind of retard -below average- at the beginning and inthe end they think I'm way above average and get surprised, I have 'posterior tongue tie', a high arched palate, severe allegries (compared to the rest of my family), bad airway (may throath is pretty much always stuffy and I thinik this - probably unconsciously- causes me to open a diminutive hollow by the corners of the mouth to breath through them, so my mouth looks closed and feels closed but I still breath through my mouth) and even though not officialy diagnosed I think I may have ADHD and probably be neurotic (even though that term sounds derogatory and have read different meanings for it). I read that post about that guy that manually moved the ethmoid bone. He referred a lot to the stimulation of the vagus.
What do you suggest me?
Also, as far as I know according to Weston A. Price people with narrow palates could benefict from palate expansion because it increases room for the brain it the school (besides improving airway)

• Hmm...
Reactions: Jew_Supremacist
Mse, frenuloplasty, septoplasty, jaw surgery if still necessary

In that order

My case sounds like a less severe version of urs and even I benefited from mse. Next is frenuloplasty for me. I’ve noticed that my posterior tie has decrease the volume of my voice by keeping my larynx artificially elevated

• Woah
Reactions: Rt-Rust1

In that order

My case sounds like a less severe version of urs and even I benefited from mse. Next is frenuloplasty for me. I’ve noticed that my posterior tie has decrease the volume of my voice by keeping my larynx artificially elevated
Fuck off lol.
I've been aware of tongue tie for years and I thought that scoliosis and bad posture were caused by it but just came out with the idea of the thread.

Is mse one of those treatments that insert/drill the expander inside the bone (think it's the palate) to hold it? Not doing hat if that's the case. I think the only expander that may be worth it is the Mew's (check John lecture's about the palatal expander where he compares his with the others if u haven't)

My voice has always been low jfl actually going to go the phonoaudiologist to correct that (she says that instead of the vocal chords I use accesory muscles as well)

Last edited:

In that order

I would also say that if I hadn't spent most of my youth playing in the computer (and playing at the street like most kids instead) it wouldn't probably affected me that much (I've seen a lot of people with more severe tongue ties with normal or at least a fair facial development)

In that order

Can I PM you