Someone brief me on finasteride

D

Deleted member 5927

Lurker
I need a full brief and instruction manual on everything finasteride related.

Me after accutane, I think it’s either telogen effluvium or accelerated male pattern balding in a diffuse pattern on the top of my scalp

58CB15A6 4769 40D1 BF74 4C4F57AB4BEA

My dad who NW7 since age 30

like father like son :feelsrope:

Attachments

• 8178E870-9D54-4917-AC51-12E2BEF44151.jpeg
    8178E870-9D54-4917-AC51-12E2BEF44151.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 51
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6217, JosephGarrot123 and Mystery
Do fin+Minox if you absolutely need it get microneedles. Hair transplants are painful and look off.

Then watch these videos, Derek is a g.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
I literally can’t because it won’t let me since you limit who can view your profile
My fault. I will reach out. I’m on fin

@Mystery

can anyone tell me is this what hair follicle miniaturization looks like?

Just shampooed my hair I probably got like 50 hairs coming out a day in the shower. I have thin as fuck hair and it’s not even that long. So I’m actually losing this many hairs. Not to mention I never noticed hairs stuck to my hands in the shower before, now I do. Seems like accutane really amplified something. I’m thinking it’s balding at this current point in time.
96A74728 73B4 488B 994F E84C41B1EB8A

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11406
@Mystery

Just shampooed my hair I probably got like 50 hairs coming out a day in the shower. I have thin as fuck hair and it’s not even that long. So I’m actually losing this many hairs. Not to mention I never noticed hairs stuck to my hands in the shower before, now I do. Seems like accutane really amplified something. I’m thinking it’s balding at this current point in time.
View attachment 1035447
Doesn’t look like it to me. It would be a lot smaller, and more hairs would be present.

Doesn’t look like it to me. It would be a lot smaller, and more hairs would be present.
Interesting. Wait so you are saying with actual scalp miniaturization the hairs are really small and even more than this? I’m definitely losing hair and I’ve been off accutane for a while, and I’m losing it on the top of my scalp in a Norwood 7 sort of shape, it seems to be diffuse as my hairline is completely normal.

@Mystery the hairs some of them are really really thin though like more thin than my hair used to be

@Mystery the hairs some of them are really really thin though like more thin than my hair used to be
I’d consider fin or RU if you are into that risk, since your father is a nw7. Do your research, of course.

Have you seen a dermatologist?

I’d consider fin or RU if you are into that risk, since your father is a nw7. Do your research, of course.

Have you seen a dermatologist?
I can’t man there’s none near me active duty military stationed in middle of nowhere.

@Mystery

View attachment 1035447
To do the pull test:

1. Grab a section of hair (about 60 hairs) and hold it with two hands, one at the root and one at the tip of the hair.
  2. Gently pull upward to see if any of the strands break or fully come out.
  3. If more than three strands fall out, it may indicate hair miniaturization.