someone explain thumbpulling

D

Deleted member 25354

@@@
you pull your pallate with your thumbs, what is there to elaborate? Its only not cope if you are young

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24712 and Deleted member 1901
Pull your thumbs

you pull your pallate with your thumbs, what is there to elaborate? Its only not cope if you are young
What does this do? Wider zygos or what??

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
it's when u winch your palate to a 4x4 and completely rip out the midface. Then your surgeon can put in a brand new mogger maxilla

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 25190
Even adults can have palatal expansion which is what thumb pulling inhibits,They just need it constantly with an MSE device while if your young you can simply thumbpull for a couple minutes a day and see results if your maxilla suture isn't sealed which mine isn't. I thumbpulled religiously for about a month with good force maybe even excessive force and then stopped. I got some palatal expansion honestly probably not noticable to someone other then me because I examined it like an autist but if I kept doing it I for sure would have seen better results.

@Dr. Bruh's secret whitepill recipe to become Chadlite in 21 days

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Deleted member 21044
Even adults can have palatal expansion which is what thumb pulling inhibits,
What do you mean by this?

Also, what’s your take on if thumbpulling could plausibly split the suture in adults?

What do you mean by this?

Also, what’s your take on if thumbpulling could plausibly split the suture in adults?
What do you mean what do I mean I answered his question that he asked. I honestly don't know when sutures "close" or if it's different person to person. I'm 16 but I have the bone age of a 17-17.5 year old and my suture was wide open so I guess you would have to see for yourself. Look at your suture examine it play around with thumbpulling see how it feels and if you do it consistently for months and nothing then I would suggest you get an MSE device. I remember for the first 2 weeks I felt that it wasn't working and then I distinctly remember one thumb pulling session where I could legit feel my expansion I could feel my suture split and widen. Also take progress picture if I hadn't I probably would have said thumb pulling is BS but my progress pictures show my expansion.

What do you mean what do I mean I answered his question that he asked. I honestly don't know when sutures "close" or if it's different person to person. I'm 16 but I have the bone age of a 17-17.5 year old and my suture was wide open so I guess you would have to see for yourself. Look at your suture examine it play around with thumbpulling see how it feels and if you do it consistently for months and nothing then I would suggest you get an MSE device. I remember for the first 2 weeks I felt that it wasn't working and then I distinctly remember one thumb pulling session where I could legit feel my expansion I could feel my suture split and widen. Also take progress picture if I hadn't I probably would have said thumb pulling is BS but my progress pictures show my expansion.
You said "Even adults can have palatal expansion which is what thumb pulling inhibits", am I correct to assume a typo here?

I assumed (maybe wrongfully?) that palate expansion does not equal a suture split. So if adults can get palatal expansion from thumbpulling, is it merely tooth movement, or actual widening of the maxilla (a midpalatal suture split seems necessary for this)

It works past that, just as mse does. Same principle.

You said "Even adults can have palatal expansion which is what thumb pulling inhibits", am I correct to assume a typo here?

I assumed (maybe wrongfully?) that palate expansion does not equal a suture split. So if adults can get palatal expansion from thumbpulling, is it merely tooth movement, or actual widening of the maxilla (a midpalatal suture split seems necessary for this)
Yes your right I misused the word inhibits it was late I was tired sorry for not catching onto that thumb pulling does the opposite and does not inhibit palatal expansion quite the opposite. You need a suture split for palatal expansion without it you are moving your teeth which is not what you want. Somebody pointed this out on some page they said that thumbpulling and mse doesn't work and cited a news article in which an MSE device was placed on a womens teeth and the expansion caused her teeth to separate causing a deformity and not expanding her palate. They cited this proved thumb pulling was a cope but when examined the lady stated she bought the MSE device on face book and didn't go to a professional and then also the person that was siting this sells surgery so you can see where the conflict of interest in the truth lies. If she had gotten an MSE device that had been placed differently very likley she didn't know what she was doing or placed the device incorrectly what it would have done was that it would have first split her suture and then expanded her palate. So yes a suture split of the maxilla is necessary for expasion the suture split comes before expansion as without a suture split you cannot have expansion. Sorry if this sounds super spergy.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901