Someone please explain this and tell me if i'm coping or not

cromagnon

cromagnon

Beauty is a virtue
In selfie camera my jaw lookers way narrower and face more longer than back camera

When I record with back camera and stand back it looks normal

Am I coping? Which one is right? And why is my jaw so narrow in selfie cameras?

Is lens distortion cope or not?

Solution
cannotbeasked
Ok but which one is real?

The back camera or front?
The back camera is way more accurate, mirror is the most accurate, a “true mirror” (one that doesn’t invert your image like normal mirrors) is probably the closest you’ll get to seeing your true self.
In selfie camera my jaw lookers way narrower and face more longer than back camera

lens distortion is real its not cope

• +1
Reactions: cromagnon and polishcel

idk, i looks so much better in mirrors and back camera standing a bit back

Lens distortion shouldn't change your face that much unless you put your face right up to the camera. It makes your face 0.01mm more narrow if you hold your phone like a normal person.

Lens distortion is cope, look at josh mcgreggors "lens distorted" tiktoks

• +1
Reactions: cromagnon
Ok but the difference is palpable. I don't feel like lens distortion should be as extreme as it does when I record with selfie cam.
same with me, i think we are subhumans, the difference is astonishing

• +1
Lens distortion shouldn't change your face that much unless you put your face right up to the camera. It makes your face 0.01mm more narrow if you hold your phone like a normal person.

Lens distortion is cope, look at josh mcgreggors "lens distorted" tiktoks
i dont understand why i look so different when i record with back camera then

same with me, i think we are subhumans, the difference is astonishing

the front camera makes my skull more narrower when its closer up bro
and then when i record from back camera and get back a bit it looks normal like wtf im actually wondering if im coping rn or if its not a problem
@DalitBoss help :(

• +1
Reactions: DalitBoss
and then when i record from back camera and get back a bit it looks normal like wtf im actually wondering if im coping rn or if its not a problem
I just looks uglier on front camera, and prettier on mirror and back camera, but my skull shape doesnt change much

• +1
Reactions: DalitBoss and cromagnon
am i retarded? which is front and which is back camera?

just use OBS, and get webcam for most accuracy.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: DalitBoss
I just looks uglier on front camera, and prettier on mirror and back camera, but my skull shape doesnt change much
yeah i dont know bro, maybe its me just being autistic i wish i could post pic bc the different is insane but i dont wanna dox
brootal

yeah i dont know bro, maybe its me just being autistic i wish i could post pic bc the different is insane but i dont wanna dox
brootal
Yea, its so brutal, the difference is so big, i look like a subfive fag in front and mirror a Htn, not coping

• +1
It’s because it’s not what your brain expects to see. The difference is real but it’s particularly jarring to you because your brain subconsciously has an idea of what your face should look like.

It’s also why seeing your face inverted usually causes you to freak out and think of yourself as extremely ugly, or shaving your beard, or getting a new style of haircut, or any drastic change to your appearance. This phenomenon is something everyone experiences, even on social media there’s many posts like this about “haircuts marinating”(you’re just getting used to the new look) and the inverted filter on TikTok.

Your brain has just built up an image of yourself, and seeing any deviation from it makes you think you’re ugly.

(please mark as solution :owo:)

It’s because it’s not what your brain expects to see. The difference is real but it’s particularly jarring to you because your brain subconsciously has an idea of what your face should look like.

It’s also why seeing your face inverted usually causes you to freak out and think of yourself as extremely ugly, or shaving your beard, or getting a new style of haircut, or any drastic change to your appearance. This phenomenon is something everyone experiences, even on social media there’s many posts like this about “haircuts marinating”(you’re just getting used to the new look) and the inverted filter on TikTok.

Your brain has just built up an image of yourself, and seeing any deviation from it makes you think you’re ugly.

(please mark as solution :owo:)

• +1
Reactions: cannotbeasked

The back camera is way more accurate, mirror is the most accurate, a “true mirror” (one that doesn’t invert your image like normal mirrors) is probably the closest you’ll get to seeing your true self.

• +1
Solution
MY skull shape is nice on back to mirror, bad on selfie camera

Too much lens distortion