Sphenoid Tilt and it's effect on symmetry and the pituitary gland

noahwillascend

noahwillascend

ascending to chadlite
Hello, I am new to the looksmax community but I wanted to kick my journey off strong with a post that I haven't seen talked about on this forum a lot and it's severely underestimated.
I am going to be talking about the Sphenoid Bone, its effect on symmetry and how it effects the pituitary gland and and fertility.

To begin, it's pretty common knowledge now if that you have some asymmetry and it's nothing to do with any malocclusion, teeth misalignment or dental problems whatsoever, it's either you have some muscles tighter and bigger than others (I will talk about facial muscles in depth on another post and covering all muscles responsible for asymmetry) or your sphenoid bone is tilted.
What is the Sphenoid?
The Sphenoid bone is a butterfly shaped bone that sits behind your maxilla, tethered by your temple and jaw muscles. It directly influences the maxilla so if it's tilted, your maxilla will also be tilted. Hence asymmetry.
What does the Pituitary gland have to do with all this?
The Pituitary gland sits inside your sphenoid bone in a little pocket, hanging freely on it's stalk. As you should know, this gland is very important for fertility, growth, testosterone, thyroid hormones, so it is very important.
Now, onto my main point. When the sphenoid is tilted to one side, it can put pressure onto the Pituitary gland, impairing its ability to signal the body to make hormones.
So if your asymmetrical, and aren't blowing loads like it's fourth of july, this could be a reason.

You can test if you have a sphenoid tilt by assessing if your occiput is level, if it is not, your sphenoid is most likely tilted. You can resolve this by releasing any neck muscle tension until the sphenoid is level again.

There are four sets of masticatory muscles: Medial Pterygoid, Lateral Pterygoid, Temporalis and Masseter, you must equalize tension in these muscles to further correct the tilt. Propping the mouth open for hours of dental work, whiplash, teeth grinding and clenching can all generate unbalanced muscle tension severe enough to pull the movable lower jaw (Mandible) out of alignment with the fixed upper jaw (Maxilla).

To correct a Sphenoid tilt, you therefore must:

a) first resolve any neck muscle tension imbalance until both sides of the Occiput are level; and then,

b) equalize tension in the masseters, temporalis and pterygoid muscles.
This will also correct asymmetry considering it isn't cranial and simply due to tilted sphenoid, dental problems and issues with muscle tension and imbalances.

In my next post, I will go in depth into the muscles around then neck, nape and facial muscles that all have a role in symmetry, but most of the time asymmetry is caused by dental problems, but also can be caused by muscle tension and imbalances.
(I'm moneymaxxing for ortho as this is me rn)
Sorry if this is a long read, also it is my first post so)
Hope it was a nice read and brought some insight to this topic.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: overtier1011, Dastan, thorns and 6 others
bump

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: thorns and 5'7 zoomer
Plz leave questions or something ill try to answer

• So Sad
Reactions: thorns
Your sphenoid would need to be incredibly deformed in order to pinch off or whatever the pituitary, a bit of assymetry wouldn't affect its function

• Woah
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, thorns and descension
Mine has been deformed for a long time fix?

• So Sad
Your sphenoid would need to be incredibly deformed in order to pinch off or whatever the pituitary, a bit of assymetry wouldn't affect its function
Its more towards if your sperms low or your struggling to get a girl pregnant. But this also applies to women as well

• So Sad
Its more towards if your sperms low or your struggling to get a girl pregnant. But this also applies to women as well
There are 1,000 more likely causes for low sperm than a sphenoid tilt lol

• So Sad
There are 1,000 more likely causes for low sperm than a sphenoid tilt lol
Pituitary gland is responsible for sperm production but I was just focusing on this idea. Trying to shed some light onto this might be a cause. Also for aasymmetry as well.

• So Sad
Pituitary gland is responsible for sperm production but I was just focusing on this idea. Trying to shed some light onto this might be a cause. Also for aasymmetry as well.
Try to find one single case of a deformed sphenoid affecting pituitary function and I'll listen

• So Sad
Try to find one single case of a deformed sphenoid affecting pituitary function and I'll listen
Pituitary gland is responsible for prolactin (abnormal levels cause infertility) production so those conditions could definitely be related

• +1
Reactions: noahwillascend
You know the (desertmaxxer/sand/grains of sand) guy on Instagram ?