Squatmaxxing

Afrikancel

Afrikancel

Popo Crew
Is squatmaxxing and developing legs legit for wide waistcels?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Is squatmaxxing and developing legs legit for wide waistcels?
i have a problem with my legs, they're very big (roberto carlos big ) in compared to my upper body, what's the solution?

• Woah
i have a problem with my legs, they're very big (roberto carlos big ) in compared to my upper body, what's the solution?
What is your bf %? Do you gymcell? Height?

• +1
Big legs will make ur waist look smaller giving you that much desired X shape. So yes training legs is legit plus it increases testosterone in the body. Only pussies don’t squat.

• +1
What is your bf %? Do you gymcell? Height?
177cm (5' 10) im gymcelled 20" shoulders but my waist is 11-12" small but hips are wide because i legit have monster legs, im between 11-12% bf

Only legit if your shoulders are broad enough

• +1
  • Hmm...
Idi ti v pizdec Amerikanskiy durak.

what do you mean? what logic?
Don't start lifting if you don't have the frame, which I disagree with. Many narrow framed ectomorphs can look extremely aesthetic. Jon Skywalker would be another example.

• +1
Don't start lifting if you don't have the frame, which I disagree with. Many narrow framed ectomorphs can look extremely aesthetic. Jon Skywalker would be another example.
if the before zyzz posted on this forum or lookism and asked for gymcel help most poeple wouldve told him to forget about it framecel lol

if the before zyzz posted on this forum or lookism and asked for gymcel help most poeple wouldve told him to forget about it framecel lol
Exactly, even though narrow framed dude may not look as good as a wide framed dude, that doesn't mean you shouldn't even lift.

Exactly, even though narrow framed dude may not look as good as a wide framed dude, that doesn't mean you shouldn't even lift.
zyzz wasnt even wide framed, he was average, it's just that he knew what muscles to hit for the greek god look and had a great persona which gave him fame

zyzz wasnt even wide framed, he was average, it's just that he knew what muscles to hit for the greek god look and had a great persona which gave him fame
His frame was below average, he had above average insertions for chest and traps though.

people underestimate how much width you can get from muscles
You don't actually obtain any width, although the muscles make it seem like you do. (Your clavicles don't get any longer)

You don't actually obtain any width, although the muscles make it seem like you do. (Your clavicles don't get any longer)
yeah obviously bones won't grow, but the muscles make you look full/wider

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 281
yeah obviously bones won't grow, but the muscles make you look full/wider
That, and posture improvements from having a stronger back that pulls your shoulders back, rather than having them closer to the front of your torso because your back muscles are too weak to counteract your chest muscles. Hell, your shoulders don't even have to go any farther out to each side to see improvements in perceived frame. As long as you push your shoulders down and back compared to hunched forward and up, you'll get perceived frame. Try it in the mirror, hunch your shoulders slightly like you're a skinnyfat weakling, then do a superman pose like your back is super well developed and drags your shoulders back perfectly. The difference in perceived frame is astounding.

Couple that with some more mass on the shoulders, and you can fraud a lot of frame through gymming. V shape helps as well, but people don't tend to get that having a well developed and thicker stomach area might not give you more "frame" per se, but it will give you perceived width and masculinity, even if it lessens your V-shape. Not advocating getting fat, that's retarded, but having strong squats leading to a strong core absolutely makes you look more masculine.

JFL at people who don't train legs/core/back in general.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and badromance
Yeah but don't fuck up your back like I did. Seriously man squats and deads are not worth hurting yourself for, if you do them do them perfectly. Otherwise don't bother

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Never_Began and 中原岬
Yeah but don't fuck up your back like I did. Seriously man squats and deads are not worth hurting yourself for, if you do them do them perfectly. Otherwise don't bother
Truth. Form>>>Weight in terms of importance. NEVER squat less than 5 reps, I'd say ideally aim for 8. 1 RMs (especially when alone with no support on risky exercises) are retarded and pointless. Also JFL at people who think you even need to bother with getting up to 3pl8 squats for some arbitrary "gotta be this strong to even be strong" reason.

Think aesthetics, think longevity, and think percentiles. If you squat a solid 120kg for 5, Mr "strengthlevel" here claims you're ""54th percentile"". Absolute horsecrap. This is among people who work out, and keep in mind it's probably people that work out regularly, and actually bother posting their lifts on the internet. In reality, 120kg for 5 reps is easily 80-85th percentile among all men, workout or not, considering people that don't work out probably squat around 80-90kg for a couple reps untrained, and most gym goers are fairly close to untrained strength, because most people don't put in any real effort outside the gym, or don't have serious routines.

Strength

How many people squatting do you see squatting 120kg for 5? 1 in 7-8 guys maybe, if they were trying hard. How many do you see squatting 90kg? 1 in 2-ish guys. I would go as far as saying squatting more than 120kg is just detrimental in the long run, unless you really know what you're doing. At that point, you might as well just focus on form so you don't break anything.

Lift for aesthetics, and for a baseline level of strength. Though the two are usually closely related there is a point of diminishing returns. My honest opinion on when you're "strong enough" in terms of raw strength (aka you mog the average quite decently) is 120kg for 5 reps squat, 100kg for 5 bench, and 65kg for 5 OHP (though this one can be cheated if you want to fucking ruin your shoulders). Obviously good form and proper range of motion on the exercises is implied, which is not something most normie gym goers are good at. This doesn't mean you should stop trying to get stronger at that point, but you might see better aesthetic gains if you focused on reps and form.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, Never_Began, 中原岬 and 1 other person