Squatting/benching with high weights is retarded and a good way to kill yourself

exo

exo

Gook-pilled
Imagine putting your life in danger for muh gains. And spotters are a meme and can't help you most of the time since they don't even pay attention.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Interested, agoostis, Deleted member 18582 and 13 others
but I need to hit m-m-muh PEE ARR :feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Tyroneinprogress, fluoride1337, R@m@ and 1 other person
Gym is a meme

• +1
Reactions: thecel, terrorblade and nulll
dude use 2 braincells niggas arent going to lift a weight as heavy as ur mom

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 29581, Neko arc 14's, ronald_98 and 7 others
dude use 2 braincells niggas arent going to lift a weight as heavy as ur mom
someone just posted an incel in offtopic section killing himself with heavy squats despite being spotted. dropped the bar on his fucking neck

retards like this do exist

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 29078, Mewton and 2 others
I agree no need to go heavy. Increase weight slowly and you will improve. But also just add spotter arms to the rack and there is no risk.

• +1
Reactions: thecel, TB1997 and Av0nr
one rep max is the biggest bullshit ever. If you can't do 5 reps of the weight you are doing, you are retarded

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: fluoride1337, ronald_98, R@m@ and 2 others
Cope if you can’t bench 2 plates and squat 3 plates u aren’t an able bodied grown man

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel, assyvon and TB1997
someone just posted an incel in offtopic section killing himself with heavy squats despite being spotted. dropped the bar on his fucking neck

retards like this do exist
The spotting was shit and he should’ve used the safety arms jfl.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
gym is a meme dude having some muscle and aesthetic delts along with being lean is all you need. any bulking gymcoper should rope immediately. muh pr bro i just benched 315 for 1 rep bro muh muh who cares about women bro :soy:

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: thecel, Mewton and terrorblade
Dyel cope. Use safeties For your sub 1 plate lifts

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and TB1997
Just do the exercises without clips, if you get pinned under the weight you can just bail the plates off. I do it all the time, no need for a spotter

• +1
"But reject modernity embrace masculinity brah"

• JFL
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 29078
Strength training is stupid and pointless. You only need to train for hypertrophy and size. No girl will give a single shit about your one rep maxes.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17735 and Deleted member 29078
Strength training is stupid and pointless. You only need to train for hypertrophy and size. No girl will give a single shit about your one rep maxes.
So are we only supposed to have hobbies that girls care about now?
If you are powerlifting as a hobby and you want to progress like you would in say golf, bowling, swimming, etc. how is it pointless? Not everyone goes to the gym solely to look good on the beach for women.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: R@m@, thecel and Deleted member 17735
If you are powerlifting as a hobby and you want to progress like you would in say golf, bowling, swimming, etc. how is it pointless? Not everyone goes to the gym solely to look good on the beach for women.
:ogre::ogre::ogre: mentality, gymcelling is one good venue in looksmaxxing - to have more sex appeal. literally no one cares about your muh 150 kg bench if you look like a bloated ogre.

• +1
:ogre::ogre::ogre: mentality, gymcelling is one good venue in looksmaxxing - to have more sex appeal. literally no one cares about your muh 150 kg bench if you look like a bloated ogre.
@thecel put it better than I could:
If you’re ugly and\or short, JFL at you if you train with any more than 5 reps.

I know you do high reps for the muh hypertrophy. But it’s retarded because muscles are cope and do fuck all for your dateability.

Copers here say low reps are powerlifter gymcel cope, but they’re wrong because powerlifitng is NOT gymcelling. If you train for powerlifting, you train for performance in a strength sport that’s unrelated to women. Whereas gymcels lift for looks to try to attract women, and fail to attract anyone except other men.

At least the low-rep powerlifters are training for an actual sport. They can succeed in the sport of powerlifting regardless of if they’re 5'3" and ugly. Meanwhile the ugly manlets who lift for women just keep on making their bodies more appealing to the gazes of gay men.

• JFL
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 17735
Imagine putting your life in danger for muh gains. And spotters are a meme and can't help you most of the time since they don't even pay attention.
Imagine doing it for a meme body part like legs too

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and exo
Powerlifting is also just objectively dumb. It’s tough on your joints and causes problems later in life. It also doesn’t accomplish anything particularly useful or practical.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23391 and thecel
"But reject modernity embrace masculinity brah"

Ironically, gymmaxing is embracing modernity. Modern gym levels of strength are a modern invention that requires modern equipment and training. Who the fuck in 10000 BC could bench 225 pounds? Nowadays, strength standards have risen such that 225 bench is considered a “bare minimum for men”. The world has changed.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: klamus and Mewton
if you are high iq you do hill sprints

• JFL
Low rep powerlifting style training will grind your joints into dust. Ronnie Coleman did that and look at him, he's a cripple. Meanwhile Jay Cutler trained with high reps and is in great shape for his age and sustained minimal injuries. Telling incels to do powerlifting style training is retarded cope. And even actual powerlifters use low reps for peaking neuromuscular efficiency before a powerlifting meet. They don't use it to build mass.

• +1
Reactions: exo
Low rep powerlifting style training will grind your joints into dust. Ronnie Coleman did that and look at him, he's a cripple. Meanwhile Jay Cutler trained with high reps and is in great shape for his age and sustained minimal injuries. Telling incels to do powerlifting style training is retarded cope. And even actual powerlifters use low reps for peaking neuromuscular efficiency before a powerlifting meet. They don't use it to build mass.
Then how is Kirk Karwoski squatting over 800 pounds at 57 years of age? He's been squatting over 800 for 35 yeas and has squatted over a thousand pounds. How does he squat that weight with joints of dust?

i squatted with super heavy weight 2 weeks ago and did a bad movement and felt a crazy pain in my lower back

now fuck this shit i aint squatting anymore chicken legs and jeans till i die

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29581
Ironically, gymmaxing is embracing modernity. Modern gym levels of strength are a modern invention that requires modern equipment and training. Who the fuck in 10000 BC could bench 225 pounds? Nowadays, strength standards have risen such that 225 bench is considered a “bare minimum for men”. The world has changed.
Took me 6 months to hit 225 , my arms are long so my ROM is also very high

• Woah