Staying up late?

Boxingfan

Boxingfan

Kraken
I know it's important to get 8 to 9 hours of sleep every night, but does it really matter how late you stay up? i.e is it bad to go to bed at 3 or 5 in the morning if you get up at 2 pm?

• +1
Reactions: Moggie
ye, the circadian rhythm

• +1
Reactions: Deprived, Deleted member 20370, Schönling and 3 others
The majority of testosterone and hgh is supposed to be released between the hours of 10pm - 2am roughly. Try to be asleep within this window.

A good sleep schedule could be 9.30/10pm to 6am

The majority of testosterone and hgh is supposed to be released between the hours of 10pm - 2am roughly. Try to be asleep within this window.

A good sleep schedule could be 9.30/10pm to 6am
Thats actually not true at all. If you think about it logically, it makes no sense because your body has no idea what time it is. Your brain just determines if its day or night by whether there is UV light present. Your circadian rhythm should adjust to whatever time you sleep usually. Test and hgh production is highest right after you fall asleep, so if you consistently sleep at 3am, it should be around 3-7pm.

If you want better sleep avoid all blue or UV light before bed and get black out curtains if you sleep in the afternoon. Ideally, get sunlight into your eyes the second you wake up to regulate your circ. rhythm.

Source: wrote a paper for uni on this

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Schönling and AverageTevvezFan
Thats actually not true at all. If you think about it logically, it makes no sense because your body has no idea what time it is. Your brain just determines if its day or night by whether there is UV light present. Your circadian rhythm should adjust to whatever time you sleep usually. Test and hgh production is highest right after you fall asleep, so if you consistently sleep at 3am, it should be around 3-7pm.

If you want better sleep avoid all blue or UV light before bed and get black out curtains if you sleep in the afternoon. Ideally, get sunlight into your eyes the second you get out of bed to regulate your circ. rhythm.

Source: wrote a paper for uni on this
Interesting.

I struggle to get 8 usually get 7. My bodies become accustomed to it.

The only times I get 9-10 hours sleep i when I stay awake almost a full day lmao

I know it's important to get 8 to 9 hours of sleep every night, but does it really matter how late you stay up? i.e is it bad to go to bed at 3 or 5 in the morning if you get up at 2 pm?
Yes, your brain literally “cleans” itself the best from 10pm-2am. It is also the time your body produces the most HGH.

Yes, your brain literally “cleans” itself the best from 10pm-2am. It is also the time your body produces the most HGH.

Show us your source bud

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
Show us your source bud
Common knowledge bro. I'll link you a video since you're too lazy to search it up on your own:

This is just one of the 4 or 5 videos he has on the subject where he discusses meta-analyses and other studies. Instead of asking, just search it up next time.

• +1
Reactions: Deprived
Common knowledge bro. I'll link you a video since you're too lazy to search it up on your own:

This is just one of the 4 or 5 videos he has on the subject where he discusses meta-analyses and other studies. Instead of asking, just search it up next time.

This channel is a goldmine

• +1
Reactions: gymcel:(

Imagine using a YouTube video as a source. Teenager confirmed.

Keep studying my friend, maybe Ill hire you in the future.