Steroid Users: Are the muscle gains from steroids "permanent"

Gaia262

Gaia262

Never Give Up
I keep hearing conflicting information. Some people say you can keep half of what you get on steroids. Some say you can never go beyond your natural limit. Some say you don't keep anything.

This article says you can keep 85% of what you gain on steroid cycles.

@6ft1
@Latebloomer10
@elfmaxx
@Colvin76

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4332 and Deleted member 5522
No they're not.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12303, Chintuck22, mikeock and 3 others
No however you do get a boosted amount of satellite cells in your muscles meaning that potentially you could have increased your genetic limit.

But anyway when you go off steroids due to them inhibiting your natural test production it will be extremely low for the first few weeks post cycle and in this time you will lose a lot of the gains you made essentially putting you back to where you were when you started ik it fucking sucks brah...

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, Deleted member 4209, mikeock and 5 others
Depends On the roid dosage and the results
but possibly even after pct you will be far ahead than baseline + its easiter to gain muscle due to muscle memory

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII, Gaia262 and spark
@Yuyevon

Is the expert

She'd some light bro?

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Never possible to keep past your natural limit. Also just like natty lifting, if you stop working out you lose the muscle. Muscle memory is there, though.

• +1
You can use AAS as a shortcut to reach your genetic limit. Nonetheless, you won't be able to keep gains that surpass your limit.

This applies if your training intensity and diet stay the same and PCT is done correctly.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26678, Gaia262 and Deleted member 4054
I guess so lets say you did a steroid cycle and made 20lbs gains after stopping and doing pct you would be able to keep around 7 or 8 lbs of that tbh imo..
So if one guy does 4 cycles he will keep around 28 lbs of muscle gains after stopping

• +1
Natty gains are such a meme. You are only young for so long. It’s best to just roid up and get a great physique in a short amount of time and reap the benefits while you are young

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: CopingCel, karbo, Gaia262 and 3 others
They are somewhat permanent imo, whatever your max has been in the past even if you took 2-3 years off training I believe you can get in back in 1-2 months with the right environment (diet, training and roids) again

• +1
You keep what you can genetically attain. After that any gains are temporary.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and Deleted member 4054
No BUT you get permanently denser muscle after a while so you get permanent gains after prolonged use

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and Deleted member 4209
i heard from mates who roided that you lose 50-70% of the gains after the cycle and the reduction of test production

this only applies to the first cycles tho. muscle memory works

• +1
I guess so lets say you did a steroid cycle and made 20lbs gains after stopping and doing pct you would be able to keep around 7 or 8 lbs of that tbh imo..
So if one guy does 4 cycles he will keep around 28 lbs of muscle gains after stopping
i cannot see soemone gaining as much as 28lbs of muslce from 4 cycles

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and Deleted member 1588
How much is possile to keep then brah assuming one guy did 4 cycles how much gains will he keep approximately after all the shit like pct etc is done

• +1
this would be true, but most ppl's "cycles" last a year. so it may well happen.

• +1
You can use AAS as a shortcut to reach your genetic limit. Nonetheless, you won't be able to keep gains that surpass your limit.

This applies if your training intensity and diet stay the same and PCT is done correctly.

• So Sad
Reactions: Toth's thot
ur physique will regress once u get off, but you will not lose all of what u put on and will gain the muscle back quicker than you would have naturally in the first place. This is because of muscle memory (increased muscle myonuclei) being present after building muscle, which stays even once u lose size. studies have been found to support this aswell as anecdotal examples such as Calum Von Moger, a bodybuilder who hopped off gear due to injury, and then very quickly gained his physique that took years of gear use back after a few months of training.

(from left to right: before injury, recovering, back at gym)

• +1
I keep hearing conflicting information. Some people say you can keep half of what you get on steroids. Some say you can never go beyond your natural limit. Some say you don't keep anything.

This article says you can keep 85% of what you gain on steroid cycles.

@6ft1
@Latebloomer10
@elfmaxx
@Colvin76
I DON'T USE STEROIDS OR PEDS. Why was I tagged?

I'm 100% Natty.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
You keep your cell nuclei and extra fibers too probably, that means you are stronger and can regain faster later on.
You lose your super-genetic physique once you stop roids, BUT, some people do maintenance test, like 100mg a week and they retain most of the gains (more plates more dates dude).
The advice if you are going to do steroids is to reach your genetic potential AND have everything measured and controled to the max before blasting roids, so you can get the most of those cycles, since there is a limited amount of cycles you can do before they fuck you up. That's why bodybuilders retire after some years of competition.
My biggest problem with roids is that they are neurotoxic and will shrink your brain and most likely drop your IQ, if you are a nigger on double digits already, then just worry about losing your hair.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Eren and Gaia262
How much is possile to keep then brah assuming one guy did 4 cycles how much gains will he keep approximately after all the shit like pct etc is done
There are so so many different factors at play here it is just impossible to give a definitive answer

• +1
Depends on how long you are off for and how developed you are and your genetics. If you’ve been off for past a year you will have lost at least 90 percent of what steroids gave you

• +1
I feel like it’s a bit of a grey area honestly so I’ll just say what my personal experience was

I lost all of the glycogen and water retention almost immediately after coming off, however the actual contractile tissue I kept almost all of it. I believe the main reason people think you lose your gains if you come off is because they mistake all the water and glycogen retention from the drugs for actual muscle mass. People say oh I gained 20lbs of muscle on my cycle but only kept 5lbs. The reality is the gained 5lbs and kept 5lbs, the rest was never actual muscle tissue to begin with. However if you’re using steroids to actually surpass your natural limit then I believe you need some hormones to keep the muscle mass afterwards, however this will not apply to many if anyone on this site, I really doubt many people here are anywhere near their natural limit so they should be able to keep their gains just fine

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6423, middayshowers, RAITEIII and 1 other person