still can’t get over the fact that creatine (yes, the workout supplement) outperforms SSRIs in the treatment of major depression

D

Deleted member 21532

6'4 mogger kid.
It’s also crazy how virtually every shrink will put patients on SSRIs right away instead of first checking thyroid or testosterone or trying one of these side-effect free antidepressant compounds.

Creatine is also neuroprotective and lowers brain inflammation

Other brain benefit: it boosts working memory and intelligence:

Aside from the direct neuro effects, the increased lean muscle mass from creatine boosts metabolism overall and increase testosterone. Increasing testosterone also increases dopamine and protects the amygdala, the region of your brain that processes threats, fear, and anxiety.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, mvp2v1 and 3 others
I've seen this tweet on twitter lmao

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 21532
apparently creatine boosts your IQ by 15 points

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, mvp2v1 and CyprusGD
it make dht go up and dht make head no hair cretin = bed

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis
Dont but everything from the net, not even adderall or cerebrolysin can give you 15 points increase.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5815
Is there an actual study for that?
Research out of the University of Sydney showed that if you take 5g of creatine daily, you can lift your IQ by a full 15 points over a six-week period. Said study leader Caroline Rae, "Creatine gave a significant boost to brain power." Why? In part because it lifts the energy levels available for computation in your brain.

their performance in a IQ test improved, especially with short term memory and problem solving it's not raising your intelligence but your performance which is still useful

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: CyprusGD
Was this study controlled for non-active creatine takers and those who work out?

Most people who use creatine lift hard at the gym. Not only is lifting itself an antidepressant, it boosts testosterone levels (another mood lifter for men) and body image (another mood lifter)

Note that you don't need to take creatine supplements; The best source of creatine is beef (almost 5g of creatine for every 100g) and fish like salmon (4,5g of creatine for every 100g).

There is a reason you see so few vegan bodybuilders. There are immense benefits to eating all sorts of meats (not just an optimal amino acid profile, but also a natural source of lots of creatine)

A diet high in creatine rich foods like salmon, beef, chicken boosts muscle hypertrophy significantly.
There is a reason why most pro bodybuilders live off these foods almost daily, when it comes to protein sources.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
What about hairloss on creatine?

apparently creatine boosts your IQ by 15 points
Is there an
Research out of the University of Sydney showed that if you take 5g of creatine daily, you can lift your IQ by a full 15 points over a six-week period. Said study leader Caroline Rae, "Creatine gave a significant boost to brain power." Why? In part because it lifts the energy levels available for computation in your brain.

their performance in a IQ test improved, especially with short term memory and problem solving it's not raising your intelligence but your performance which is still useful
15 IQ points? That’s actually a lot.

So Creatine:

Helps with muscles
Increases DHT/Test
Increases IQ

And many other things

Creatine is the best supplement that’s also safe

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator and Deleted member 5815
"Interestingly, young adults were not affected by supplementation." Just leaving this here since I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
this shit is literally out of stock right now or you pay 4x :confused:

Can vouch. I thought i didnt need creatine cuz my preworkout had it. Turns out it didnt and my performance suffered because of it