Straighten teeth, and correct overbite

C

ChrisKyle

Iron
I'm trying to straighten my teeth but people here say that braces ruined their lives, I have slightly spaced teeth with a pretty noticeable overbite

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Lev Peshkov
Invisalign innit

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, Deleted member 8758 and St. Wristcel
braces sometimes work

my parents had mine took off too early :rage:

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Lev Peshkov
dentistry cannot correct overbite, it just involves the deformation of upper and lower jaw through elastic band to make teeth match.
maxillofacial surgery is the only solution for malocclusions

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, SPFromNY914, Darkstrand and 4 others
are aligners worth it?
heard so many good reviews + so many people with subhuman level teeth ended up having normal teeth, just check the subreddit
im thinkin of doing that shit myself tbh

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
dentistry cannot correct overbite, it just involves the deformation of upper and lower jaw through elastic band to make teeth match.
Once this has happened, what can you even do?

Is "deformation" an accurate term to use though JFL? I know they push your upper jaw backwards and lower "forward" to meet at middle point...

Btw even then dont be deceived cuz your lower jaw is meant to meet the upper one where it was before so now u have 2 recessed jaws jfl

Once this has happened, what can you even do?

Is "deformation" an accurate term to use though JFL? I know they push your upper jaw backwards and lower "forward" to meet at middle point...

Btw even then dont be deceived cuz your lower jaw is meant to meet the upper one where it was before so now u have 2 recessed jaws jfl
if you had teeth straightened though elastic bands and want to undergo bimax, the maxillofacial doctor has to "decompensate" your bite, that means he restores the malocclusion before performing the surgery.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, SPFromNY914 and 1 other person
if you had teeth straightened though elastic bands and want to undergo bimax, the maxillofacial doctor has to "decompensate" your bite, that means he restores the malocclusion before performing the surgery.
Yes. After going to different orthos and get treated like I'm dumb and crazy I found myself trying to reverse the process using elastic lll for maloclussion to create an overbite, but I didn't have results probably because I need to also tight the braces in some specific way.

But would a doctor actually agree to do this?

Hed use braces and elastics right?

Last edited:
Can you tldr your otoplasty?
How long do you have bands for the ear until it is healed again?

If you want retainers you have to get your wisdom teeth pulled

If you have an overbite you probably need msdo andvance your mandible first. Its hard to tell without pictures bhai. You will still need braces to straighten your teeth after. Jaw surgery is usually followed up with braces. Braces are not universally bad, however alot of orthodontists only care about straightening teeth and not overall facial aesthetics. So a shit ortho would probably extract your wisdom teeth and molars, then pull your upper palate backwards with braces until you have straight teeth. He would have corrected your overbite at the cost of your looks.

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and SPFromNY914
Can you tldr your otoplasty?
How long do you have bands for the ear until it is healed again?
some surgeons ask the patients to wear it 5 days, other surgeons request up to 10 days.
After one removes the bendage, ears appear very red and bloated and have sutures both in the front and back of the auricle.
This is why oto patients should have long hair if they don't want to be noticed

Yes. After going to different orthos and get treated like I'm dumb and crazy I found myself trying to reverse the process using elastic lll for maloclussion to create an overbite, but I didn't have results probably because I need to also tight the braces in some specific way.

But would a doctor actually agree to do this?

Hed use braces and elastics right?
the so called compensation is necessary if you want to achieve more Lefort advancement.
@Y2J97 avoided decompensation before his bimax because his ortho-corrected overbite was slight.

my younger brother has a big overbite, the ortho's gave him braces without bands and plan on facemask afterward. Are they doing everything right?

I'm trying to straighten my teeth but people here say that braces ruined their lives, I have slightly spaced teeth with a pretty noticeable overbite
Get invisalign then jaw surgery