Strength training is better than hypertrophy

D

Deleted member 4106

Kraken
Hypertrophy training is very boring, you spend months on a diet, and training, to gain 1cm of measure.
While strength training you see results in 1 week.
Focus on getting stronger> hypertrophy
And anyway, a strength training will still hypertrophy

• +1
Reactions: IndraBC, MagaPutinism, Deleted member 5969 and 1 other person
You're on an aesthetic discussion board. Strength is irrelevant to aesthetic goals. If someone goal is additional muscle mass, they should train specifically to maximize hypertrophy.

• +1
Reactions: Dainslief, patricknotstar, randomvanish and 1 other person
It wasn't supposed to be in discussion

no you will fuck up your joints

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ChadsAreCool, randomvanish and Deleted member 4106
You're on an aesthetic discussion board. Strength is irrelevant to aesthetic goals.
I know, but it's really boring to train for hypertrophy

How does one train for strength? Longer rest times with progressive overload?

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish and Deleted member 4106
I know, but it's really boring to train for hypertrophy
It's boring to train over long periods of time period. It's also boring to eat healthy, work to save up money for surgery, etc. You have to be able to overcome boredom with discipline if you want any hope of succeeding in any aspect of life.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, randomvanish, Yerico7 and 2 others
i used to masturbate alot and now my left shoulder is wider than my right and the bone is also flatter. idk if thats just genes though.

i started at 9 so dont go touching your weewee now. and i stopped anyway.

• JFL
Reactions: saffacel and Deleted member 4106
do both

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4106
It's boring to train over long periods of time period. It's also boring to eat healthy, work to save up money for surgery, etc. You have to be able to overcome boredom with discipline if you want any hope of succeeding in any aspect of life.
In fact, it is easy for me to do the ones you mentioned, because I know I will reach them.
But with hypertrophy it’s different, my genes don’t help me, I don’t see results

i used to masturbate alot and now my left shoulder is wider than my right and the bone is also flatter. idk if thats just genes though.

i started at 9 so dont go touching your weewee now. and i stopped anyway.
Probably something else

It's a matter of results, results motivate me to continue, like when I increased my number of muscle up from 5 to 12. With hypertrophy I don't see it, and if I do, it's something like 1cm

Strength training is really draining but I still do it because if you can't lift much then your whole physique is a lie in the eyes of normies. People automatically assume you're strong and when the time comes to prove yourself (lifting something heavy or a fight) then the results are disappointing.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Deleted member 4106
Just destroy your tendons and ligaments theory.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 4106
Calisthenics gives you both with an added bonus of functional strength. Bicep curls are not applicable to the real world. While a pull-up is.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Dainslief and Deleted member 4106
Strength oriented training done right actually mogs for hypertrophy as a natural lifter. Not talking benching with optimal technique for powerlifting which just makes for shit ROM. However, lifting heavy with fewer reps mogs as natural. Natural lifting /= enchanched. On juice the muscle gains will increase much faster than tendon gains which will make you injured if you continue pushing numbers, this is usually not the case for naturals. Many nattys never reach their max potential because they train like their favorite youtuber who use gear but lying about it, sad but true.

Calisthenics gives you both with an added bonus of functional strength. Bicep curls are not applicable to the real world. While a pull-up is.
most Calisthenics YTers also use gear