Struggling as a Mentalcel Despite Positive IOIs and OLD Success

TallDarkAndHandsome

TallDarkAndHandsome

Iron
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share something I’ve been struggling with, and maybe some of you can relate or offer some insight. I guess you could say I’m a “mentalcel,” and here’s why.

Physically, people consider me attractive, and I’ve been told I’m way above average. I get plenty of IOIs from women, do well on dating apps, and even have girls still wanting to date me—even after I’ve messed things up multiple times. Sounds great, right? But the problem is, despite these signs, I just can’t seem to push myself to date or engage in relationships like most guys in my position would effortlessly.

It feels like I’m hitting a wall mentally. My sex drive has been low recently, to the point where I don’t even feel like having sex or masturbating. That biological drive that most people talk about just isn’t there for me right now. Add to that the fact that I’m autistic and my brain chemistry is pretty
messed up, and it feels like I’m in this weird place where, on paper, I should be thriving in the dating world, but in reality, I’m stuck.

I’ve tried the usual things like meeting girls, trying to engaging more socially—but I can’t seem to shake this feeling of disinterest. It’s like I’m on autopilot, doing what society expects but not feeling it. Sometimes I wonder if I’m just not pushing myself hard enough or if I need even more exposure therapy. Is that the only way out of this? Am I just too comfortable being passive, or is there something deeper going on? Is this depression? Am I fucked up from prozac?

Any advice or similar experiences would be appreciated. I’m open to suggestions on how to break through this mental block and figure out what’s really going on. Should I be forcing myself to engage more, or is there a better approach I’m missing?
Heck :lul: @pneumocystosis and @chrisN thought I was the biggest mentalcel after meeting irl.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice. Would greatly appreciate it.

I don’t write this thread to brag, I’m genuinely concerned about my mental and physical well-being rn. Something isn’t right

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, rg1235, truthhurts and 2 others
Send me a pm and we'll discuss things further.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: goodgamebro, EverythingMattersCel, truthhurts and 3 others
I smell Dutch

• +1
Reactions: truthhurts
Take dut , go out whenever there is sun or take calcitriol 0.25mg a day ,ice your head and balls

• Hmm...
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: RealNinja, gravlek and truthhurts
Is it truly what you want or are you conforming to what society expects out of you? Autists and the rat race dont mix well

• +1
Reactions: rg1235, TallDarkAndHandsome and truthhurts
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share something I’ve been struggling with, and maybe some of you can relate or offer some insight. I guess you could say I’m a “mentalcel,” and here’s why.

Physically, people consider me attractive, and I’ve been told I’m way above average. I get plenty of IOIs from women, do well on dating apps, and even have girls still wanting to date me—even after I’ve messed things up multiple times. Sounds great, right? But the problem is, despite these signs, I just can’t seem to push myself to date or engage in relationships like most guys in my position would effortlessly.

It feels like I’m hitting a wall mentally. My sex drive has been low recently, to the point where I don’t even feel like having sex or masturbating. That biological drive that most people talk about just isn’t there for me right now. Add to that the fact that I’m autistic and my brain chemistry is pretty
messed up, and it feels like I’m in this weird place where, on paper, I should be thriving in the dating world, but in reality, I’m stuck.

I’ve tried the usual things like meeting girls, trying to engaging more socially—but I can’t seem to shake this feeling of disinterest. It’s like I’m on autopilot, doing what society expects but not feeling it. Sometimes I wonder if I’m just not pushing myself hard enough or if I need even more exposure therapy. Is that the only way out of this? Am I just too comfortable being passive, or is there something deeper going on? Is this depression? Am I fucked up from prozac?

Any advice or similar experiences would be appreciated. I’m open to suggestions on how to break through this mental block and figure out what’s really going on. Should I be forcing myself to engage more, or is there a better approach I’m missing?
Heck :lul:@pneumocystosis and @chrisN thought I was the biggest mentalcel after meeting irl.

I don’t write this thread to brag, I’m genuinely concerned about my mental and physical well-being rn. Something isn’t right
What’s ur rating tho? Brootal abused dog syndrome comes to collect:feelsbadman:

Would you consider yourself slightly depressed, anhedonic and without a purpose?

Take dut , go out whenever there is sun or take calcitriol 0.25mg a day ,ice your head and balls
What’s the point of taking dut for him regarding social/mental issues? Genuinely wanna know

Would you consider yourself slightly depressed, anhedonic and without a purpose?
Yes but not really depressed tho, my feelings are mostly blunt and dull

same. I'm going on antidepressants to see how it is. Tried healthy life cope and didnt work.
Be careful which ones tho fluoxetine is usually the best ssri and the one I’m using rn. Sertraline made me completely asexual

Is it truly what you want or are you conforming to what society expects out of you? Autists and the rat race dont mix well
I guess it’s the latter. Doing what society expects feels pointless to me all though I try to force myself

Be careful which ones tho fluoxetine is usually the best ssri and the one I’m using rn. Sertraline made me completely asexual
can you elaborate on sertraline making you asexual? I am currently on sertraline.
And btw ur situation is pretty much the same to me but at the same time im motivated by women and more sexual than youve described. But i relate heavy to the autopilot/numbness. i think it might be my anti depressants . no longer depressed just unmotivated/dull. no real interest in anything anymore. other than looksmaxxing to an extent (staying lean)

Last edited:
on instagram I saw a post that said “if you aren’t horny you aren’t healthy” which is cringe but true. Are you physically healthy, as in testosterone levels? Regular exercise and weight training? Good diet with enough protein and natural fats? It could also be a mental/cortisol thing. You might be making yourself anxious and raising your cortisol levels with the pressure of getting involved with women.

If it’s a childhood thing, therapy/CBT techniques might actually help. You may have “avoidant attachment style” or something similar that makes you scared of intimacy.

• +1
Reactions: TallDarkAndHandsome and jake_okok
Hey everyone,

Heck :lul:@pneumocystosis and @chrisN thought I was the biggest mentalcel after meeting irl.

When’s the next meet?

Hey everyone,

going through the same shit right now senior in hs conventionally attractive but incredibly depressed. Im not attracted to most women around me because them are all fucking stupid. Ive been trying to find a girlfriend who will actually treat me well and actually has goals in her life but I almost believe its impossible. Im on zoloft and I would say it could be a result of that but I havent been any lower in my life. I dont know if I'm going to make it to next month. My retarded ass psychiatrist refuses to increase my depression medication but she'll reget it when Im fucking dead.

going through the same shit right now senior in hs conventionally attractive but incredibly depressed. Im not attracted to most women around me because them are all fucking stupid. Ive been trying to find a girlfriend who will actually treat me well and actually has goals in her life but I almost believe its impossible. Im on zoloft and I would say it could be a result of that but I havent been any lower in my life. I dont know if I'm going to make it to next month. My retarded ass psychiatrist refuses to increase my depression medication but she'll reget it when Im fucking dead.
It gets better. You just have to survive the suck

the more I look at it the more i realize its never been good its just never been this bad
Yeah i get u. Im sorry ur feeling like this. Its a bit cliche but trying to develop a relationship with God really helped me when i was suffering the most.

What’s the point of taking dut for him regarding social/mental issues? Genuinely wanna know
Dht is a shitty hormone it affects your mental wellbeing

• +1
Reactions: gravlek
why did u go on ad?
I've been struggling with depression and anxiety in the past, and I'm also on 40mg of Vyvanse to treat my ADHD. I'm unsure if the medication is a major factor contributing to how I feel.