Study: intensity of romantic love is not related to frequency of sex

bugbug

bugbug

Iron
TL;DR: in romantic relationships, sex frequency is related with physical attractiveness (mate value) only, love doesn't matter.

This should serve as a reminder that blackpill also applies to long-term relationships.

Common conceptions of romantic love suggest that romantic love is associated with increased sexual activity with more frequent sex in the earlier stages of a romantic relationship. To our knowledge, no studies have investigated individual-level factors and sexual frequency using a validated measure of romantic love. This study was the first to investigate a direct relationship between romantic love and sexual activity in a sample of people experiencing romantic love using a validated measure of romantic love. The findings are striking. We found no significant associations between any of our variables of interest and the frequency of sexual activity. Partner mate value had the strongest association with frequency of sex per week. No association between the intensity of romantic love or obsessive thinking about a loved one and frequency of sex per week is surprising. Finally, elevated mood, often associated with increased thoughts of sex and sexual activity. also did not redict frequency of sex per week. The findings highlight how little is currently known about sexual activity and sexual desire among individuals experiencing romantic love.

Source: https://osf.io/preprints/psyarxiv/3fgxj

• +1
Reactions: hattrick, 5.5psl, 5'7 zoomer and 1 other person
how the fuck do u egen study this

• +1
Reactions: PsychoDsk
my ex didn't even wanna fuck me after we were together for a year JFL

TL;DR: in romantic relationships, sex frequency is related with physical attractiveness (mate value) only, love doesn't matter.

This should serve as a reminder that blackpill also applies to long-term relationships.

Common conceptions of romantic love suggest that romantic love is associated with increased sexual activity with more frequent sex in the earlier stages of a romantic relationship. To our knowledge, no studies have investigated individual-level factors and sexual frequency using a validated measure of romantic love. This study was the first to investigate a direct relationship between romantic love and sexual activity in a sample of people experiencing romantic love using a validated measure of romantic love. The findings are striking. We found no significant associations between any of our variables of interest and the frequency of sexual activity. Partner mate value had the strongest association with frequency of sex per week. No association between the intensity of romantic love or obsessive thinking about a loved one and frequency of sex per week is surprising. Finally, elevated mood, often associated with increased thoughts of sex and sexual activity. also did not redict frequency of sex per week. The findings highlight how little is currently known about sexual activity and sexual desire among individuals experiencing romantic love.

Source: https://osf.io/preprints/psyarxiv/3fgxj
I keep reading on how after going to the gym and getting fit, people get more sex with their partners. PLEASE WORK OUT.​