Sugar gel stimulates hair regrowth

BiologicalWaste

BiologicalWaste

Iron
So apparently sugar gel can stimulate hair regrowth in mice. And possibly is a new replacement for minoxidil.

IMG 9530

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: nathan, 25howl, niqfan625 and 2 others
always the fucking rats

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: overtier1011, slavicpsycho, ubicuse and 1 other person
were to buy it (give cheap prices)
You can't really buy it yet but you can buy the sugar they used and mix it something like aloe vera. The sugar compound is "Deoxyribose" so i'd look it up and see if you can find any of that for cheap. You will need a solution of 0.4% so like 4 grams of this sugar per 1kg (this is what they used) of aloe vera. although I'm not sure if putting more will have any significant impact.

I'm guessing its aloe vera btw, it's not mentioned anywhere but i would use it as the "gel base".

This hasn't been tested on humans so if you try it would be interesting to know if it actually works.

Here is a reddit thread and apparently someone is already trying it.

Edit:

Never mind, here is the exact fomula:
2dDR-SA hydrogel was composed of 1.4 g sodium alginate (6.416% w/w), 250 mg propylene glycol (1.146% w/w), 82.5 mg of 2-phenoxyethanol (0.375% w/w), and 86.62 mg of 2-deoxy-D-ribose sugar (0.394% w/w) in 20 mL water.

5 grams is $18 and will last you a year supposedly.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: nathan and FutureChadronelite
You can't really buy it yet but you can buy the sugar they used and mix it something like aloe vera. The sugar compound is "Deoxyribose" so i'd look it up and see if you can find any of that for cheap. You will need a solution of 0.4% so like 4 grams of this sugar per 1kg (this is what they used) of aloe vera. although I'm not sure if putting more will have any significant impact.

I'm guessing its aloe vera btw, it's not mentioned anywhere but i would use it as the "gel base".

This hasn't been tested on humans so if you try it would be interesting to know if it actually works.

Here is a reddit thread and apparently someone is already trying it.

Edit:

Never mind, here is the exact fomula:
2dDR-SA hydrogel was composed of 1.4 g sodium alginate (6.416% w/w), 250 mg propylene glycol (1.146% w/w), 82.5 mg of 2-phenoxyethanol (0.375% w/w), and 86.62 mg of 2-deoxy-D-ribose sugar (0.394% w/w) in 20 mL water.

5 grams is $18 and will last you a year supposedly.

Thank so much, so with this , I mix it will aloe vera for gel base right?

Thank so much, so with this , I mix it will aloe vera for gel base right?
Pretty much. Although I would do a bit more research because I’m not sure if aloe Vera can replace all the ingredients they used for their gel.

I’m just guessing it will work because it’s also a gel. So it might even be better than minoxidil for skin.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: nathan and FutureChadronelite
I am very curious about the mechanism on how it work

Kevin Mann needs to see this

• +1
Reactions: ErbCel
Do more research, read all comments carefully + more hairloss reddit forums

I am pretty sure its not that easy
Thank you sir dr nickga

• Love it
Reactions: DR. NICKGA
?? Why new replacement?

Just use both, double more gains
Well minoxidil can have some side effects such as skin irritation… or maybe for some people for whom minoxidil didn’t work but this might.. maybe this is cheaper.. idk.. not enough info to answer correctly.

• +1
Reactions: nathan
Well minoxidil can have some side effects such as skin irritation… or maybe for some people for whom minoxidil didn’t work but this might.. maybe this is cheaper.. idk.. not enough info to answer correctly.
Topical minoxidil applied on the skin dont always work bc some enzyme shit

Oral monixidil always work

It's already formulated but also not sure if legit you can probably just buy it off chemical vendors for cheaper but for convenience it's good assuming it's legit

Is it a vasodilator? Whenever I take minox I always get heart problems.

Niggas do anything but the stuff that actually works

Does it make sense if i do topical min microneedling and bunch of other shit?

Does it make sense if i do topical min microneedling and bunch of other shit?
IMO only if your going to buy from a cheaper source like a chemical vendor and it dissolves well in whatever topical your using in your case minoxidil. If not than you going to add another topical (time consuming) and spending 100+ per month on a chemical (the source I posted above) that cost like 10 dollars and only has mouse studies

No significant benefit were observed by applying a combination of minoxidil with 2dDR. We conclude that 2dDR gel has potential for the treatment of androgenic alopecia and possibly other alopecia conditions where stimulation of hair regrowth is desirable, such as after chemotherapy. The mechanism of activity of 2dDR remains to be established.

Probably doesn't synergize well with minoxidil

• +1
Reactions: lowiqNormie
@heightcelcoper

• +1
Reactions: heightcelcoper

No significant benefit were observed by applying a combination of minoxidil with 2dDR. We conclude that 2dDR gel has potential for the treatment of androgenic alopecia and possibly other alopecia conditions where stimulation of hair regrowth is desirable, such as after chemotherapy. The mechanism of activity of 2dDR remains to be established.

Probably doesn't synergize well with minoxidil
?? Bullshit