Surgery(if yes what)or braces to fix deep bite?

CalulArgintiu59

CalulArgintiu59

Silver
I found out I have a deep bite, but orthos want to "correct" all my teeth, but since they are straight wouldn't this be bad and they would put my teeth into bad angles and call it a good bite?Because deep bite is caused by not good development of lower jaw.If lower jaw isn't properly grown, it's normal to don't have optimal bite!I would find it weirder to have a good bite when bones aren't properly aligned!I said this to many orthos and they say I have good devlopment and my lip is an "anomaly", only one ortho was caught lacking and actually told me I am a bit reccesed and surgery could help!But in my opinion surgery would fix it because if I jut my lower jaw forward, the bite is corrected.Here is the tricky part, my chin is already very promeninent, and my upper lip is similar to O'pry's, but if I will do BSSO I will risk to have too promenint chin that would go past my nose and then I would be forced to do genio to reduce the chin size.What do u guys think?I want to correct it for health benefits, but knowing I can screw up harmony makes me rethink my decision!

can dm me if u want

I found out I have a deep bite, but orthos want to "correct" all my teeth, but since they are straight wouldn't this be bad and they would put my teeth into bad angles and call it a good bite?Because deep bite is caused by not good development of lower jaw.If lower jaw isn't properly grown, it's normal to don't have optimal bite!I would find it weirder to have a good bite when bones aren't properly aligned!I said this to many orthos and they say I have good devlopment and my lip is an "anomaly", only one ortho was caught lacking and actually told me I am a bit reccesed and surgery could help!But in my opinion surgery would fix it because if I jut my lower jaw forward, the bite is corrected.Here is the tricky part, my chin is already very promeninent, and my upper lip is similar to O'pry's, but if I will do BSSO I will risk to have too promenint chin that would go past my nose and then I would be forced to do genio to reduce the chin size.What do u guys think?I want to correct it for health benefits, but knowing I can screw up harmony makes me rethink my decision!
bro format this better it gave me a headache

If you have a deep bit your maxilla is overly downroatated, among other issues. Surgery wise I think u would want a Truman with plenty CCW. And then u need to deal with the stunted growth of your mandible which u can do many different ways. And you also need to normalize occlusion heights.

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: depressionmaxxing, Deleted member 17244, bradpittshairline and 2 others
bro format this better it gave me a headache
Format it better=I didn't read it and I'm lazy;What do u want to hear more, the title basically says the esential, I have a deep bite and I don't know wheather I need braces or surgery(bimax, bsso, etc)and I am skeptical abt surgery because I already have proeminent chin

Format it better=I didn't read it and I'm lazy;What do u want to hear more, the title basically says the esential, I have a deep bite and I don't know wheather I need braces or surgery(bimax, bsso, etc)and I am skeptical abt surgery because I already have proeminent chin
idk brah im not a ortho ask someone in orthotropics community mayb or wait for high iq response

idk brah im not a ortho ask someone in orthotropics community mayb or wait for high iq response
I spent lots of money on bunch of consults to orthos most of them say to correct thorugh braces, but it looks like my lower jaw isn't properly aligned with the upper one, having upper lip similar to o'pry

I spent lots of money on bunch of consults to orthos most of them say to correct thorugh braces, but it looks like my lower jaw isn't properly aligned with the upper one, having upper lip similar to o'pry
ik its reddit but r/orthotropics may help

If you have a deep bit your maxilla is overly downroatated, among other issues. Surgery wise I think u would want a Truman with plenty CCW. And then u need to deal with the stunted growth of your mandible which u can do many different ways. And you also need to normalize occlusion heights.
Trauman with plenty of CCW?First time I hear abt it, but instead of this wouldn't bimax be as effective becuase it's bsso+maxilla?Can u elaborate?

It depends, pics can help to judge what u need

Deep bite cause the lower jaw to shorten, but if you fix the occlusion, then u can gain some lower third height by stopping the autorotation of the mandibule b4 ur actual stop (idk if u understand what i mean)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244 and bradpittshairline

Deep bite cause the lower jaw to shorten, but if you fix the occlusion, then u can gain some lower third height by stopping the autorotation of the mandibule b4 ur actual stop (idk if u understand what i mean)
Wdym actual stop?My jaw won't grow anymore and I sadly didn't correct it as a kid so I grew up with a bad bite and crooked premolar which lead to a jaw assymetry as well!Btw check DM!

show face?

Trauman with plenty of CCW?First time I hear abt it, but instead of this wouldn't bimax be as effective becuase it's bsso+maxilla?Can u elaborate?
Trimax, it was autocorrected on iphone.

You Do need bsso and maxilla movement. optimaly you would have a lefort 3 and then a lf1 with ccw. You would do BSSO and a few side and chin wings. then top of with some implants if you want further improvement.

Check out this orthotropic work on deep bite. notice the change in occlusion and look at the Xray tracings, notice how the maxilla upswing.

Screenshot 2023 07 22 at 112137 PM

And this is another example of deep bite improvement if you properly align these 2 by ear you can see what he shows in his xray which is an upswing of hte maxilla. With surgery you would be aiming to accomplish the same thing. (and more when it comes to improving the mandible in both these cases the deep bite is not completely resolved)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 5.22.00 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 5.22.00 PM.png
    985.6 KB · Views: 0
Only in private more pics (this is my lateral/side profile x ray)

occlusale plane is negative, u need DJS with CW rotation and chin setback

U have short face syndrome, it looks kinda hidden with ur strong chin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
Only in private more pics (this is my lateral/side profile x ray)

I have done a cefalometry too, if u need more photos I can send and I forgot to thank u for the high iq answer!But basically a bimax would solve my problem?Did I understand right or?And wdym chin steback, to be cut and set back?

I have done a cefalometry too, if u need more photos I can send and I forgot to thank u for the high iq answer!But basically a bimax would solve my problem?Did I understand right or?And wdym chin steback, to be cut and set back?

Your chin is in front of lower lip by ALOT,

Bimax with CW will make ur chin position better but still it will not be in ideal place

So u will need to setback the chin for ideal chin position and mentolabial angle

Im not reading a single word.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE YOUR SIDE PROFILE (and front technically) BRACES CAN NOT FIX THAT. BRACES DO NOT MOVE YOUR BONES WHEN YOU ARE AN ADULT. YOU NEED SURGERY TO LOOK BETTER.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
Im not reading a single word.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE YOUR SIDE PROFILE (and front technically) BRACES CAN NOT FIX THAT. BRACES DO NOT MOVE YOUR BONES WHEN YOU ARE AN ADULT. YOU NEED SURGERY TO LOOK BETTER.
If u don't read, why do u respond non sense?The title basically says it all, I want to correct my deep bite and I posted an x ray

Bimax with CW will make ur chin position better but still it will not be in ideal place

So u will need to setback the chin for ideal chin position and mentolabial angle
But I wouldn't really need to make the chin setback to correct the deep bite, right?Or it would look not aesthethic after bimax and I will get too proeminent chin?I want to fix my deep bite and through bimax I was thinking I will risk to have very proeminent chin since I am kind of reccesed, but my chin hides this aspect!

so if i have a overbite and suffer from short face can orthodontics fix that? my ramus is good but my mandible is horizontally short af

Do u think I got 2 chipped teeth over time from my bad bite?Abt 5 months ago I started chewing mastic gum, but I also have crooked premolar on one side because of an early extraction and I get sore gums!I was thinking to get braces on those, then chew to make masseters bigger(I already seen some progress, but I stopped because I got painful sore gums on that side) and after a few years bimax!What do u think?I want to have big masseters like the rest of my relatives, but I never could because it was uncomfrtable for me to chew on the "bad" side!

If u don't read, why do u respond non sense?The title basically says it all, I want to correct my deep bite and I posted an x ray
I read the title u nigger i didnt need to read anymore. I gave u all the info u need. If u wanna ignore it stay ugly 👍

I read the title u nigger i didnt need to read anymore. I gave u all the info u need. If u wanna ignore it stay ugly 👍
Are u stupid?U said if I don't like my side profile to get surgery, not braces and I never said I don't like my side profile, I just want to correct this shitty bite that I have and not affect aesthethic with surgery since I already have proeminent chin

Are u stupid?U said if I don't like my side profile to get surgery, not braces and I never said I don't like my side profile, I just want to correct this shitty bite that I have and not affect aesthethic with surgery since I already have proeminent chin
Are u stupid u fucking retard? If u like ur side profile then u dont need surgery. This is implied by my comment. End ur life dumb fuck

But I wouldn't really need to make the chin setback to correct the deep bite, right?Or it would look not aesthethic after bimax and I will get too proeminent chin?I want to fix my deep bite and through bimax I was thinking I will risk to have very proeminent chin since I am kind of reccesed, but my chin hides this aspect!
the chin setback is for aesthetic only, the bite can be fixed with braces

It will be camouflage orthodontic

What u really need is bimax genio

Are u stupid u fucking retard? If u like ur side profile then u dont need surgery. This is implied by my comment. End ur life dumb fuck
Do u know how to read u autist?Deep bite can wear down my teeth faster and I want to correct it, but I don't want to get cucked by orthos and I wanted to know wheather I should get braces or surgery for health reasons smh, but at the same time I didn't want to get botched since I have proeminent chin u retard

the chin setback is for aesthetic only, the bite can be fixed with braces

It will be camouflage orthodontic

What u really need is bimax genio
Ok thx for the answer, but if I would only get bimax from ur messages I understood that my chin wouldn't be in ideal position, which would mean after bimax my chin would go past my nose?So I would get genio to make my chin smaller and place it in ideal position?I don't want to go to orthos since my problem is with the bones, I don't want to just mask my real problem

Ok thx for the answer, but if I would only get bimax from ur messages I understood that my chin wouldn't be in ideal position, which would mean after bimax my chin would go past my nose?So I would get genio to make my chin smaller and place it in ideal position?I don't want to go to orthos since my problem is with the bones, I don't want to just mask my real problem
ur chin is actually too strong now, bimax will make the position better but not enought to be ideal so u will need a genio

Ur chin is past ur lower lip, thats not ideal

ur chin is actually too strong now, bimax will make the position better but not enought to be ideal so u will need a genio

Ur chin is past ur lower lip, thats not ideal
Ok, now I see, but till I get bimax, do u think my bite is so bad, that I won't be able to chew tougher foods or I have higher risk of chipping since my bite is not optimal?