Taking topical minoxidil orally with a syringe for precision

DarkAscender

DarkAscender

game of bones
Alright, so here’s the deal: my eyebrows and eyelashes are easily my weakest features. I’ve been trying to grow them out for ages using oils, like seriously, a whole year, but they’re still pretty thin. I decided to switch things up and give topical minoxidil a shot but I can only buy the spray version..

I thought, why not just spray it in my mouth and be done with it? But it probably wouldn’t absorb properly. And I'm not so sure about spraying minoxidil in my mouth..

Currently stuck with this specific brand of minoxidil, since it's one of the few that’s approved in my country. Other brands of minox can't really get shipped in here. One spray is rougly 5mg of minox (10 sprays is like 50mg of minoxidil).

Instead of kicking it with the spray, I’m thinking of getting a syringe to measure it out more precisely. I’m talking 0.05ml of minox that I can take with water shortly after and I'll be doing this twice a day. Once in the morning, and just before bed. It’s the best way to get accurate dosing without messing around with sprays.

@appealmaxed mentioned this, and it seems like a solid option if, like me, you can’t get your hands on the liquid form that comes with a dropper.

There's also the pill version of minoxidil. But it's a pain to get in the EU, especially where I live. So for now, using a syringe seems like my best bet.

Has anyone here tried taking topical minoxidil orally using a dropper or syringe? I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences with it.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: greywind, starvecell, appealmaxed and 1 other person
I use the dropper that was provided to me already in the package and put two drops on a spoon and drink it simple

• +1
Reactions: boss8055 and DarkAscender
Topical minoxidil has solvents in it like ethanol, so it can be absorbed by your skin, it's dumb af to drink and also idk where this myth came from that you only grow the area you're applying the topical minox to, it's wrong, both topical and oral go systemic, you will notice chest hair growth with topical minox on your ass, so topical minox with the right dosage will grow your lashes too

• +1
Reactions: N1666, lucifer6969, greywind and 3 others
I'm currently taking it

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: NZb6Air, boss8055 and DarkAscender
Alright, so here’s the deal: my eyebrows and eyelashes are easily my weakest features. I’ve been trying to grow them out for ages using oils, like seriously, a whole year, but they’re still pretty thin. I decided to switch things up and give topical minoxidil a shot but I can only buy the spray version..

I thought, why not just spray it in my mouth and be done with it? But it probably wouldn’t absorb properly. And I'm not so sure about spraying minoxidil in my mouth..

View attachment 3184126

Currently stuck with this specific brand of minoxidil, since it's one of the few that’s approved in my country. Other brands of minox can't really get shipped in here. One spray is rougly 5mg of minox (10 sprays is like 50mg of minoxidil).

Instead of kicking it with the spray, I’m thinking of getting a syringe to measure it out more precisely. I’m talking 0.05ml of minox that I can take with water shortly after and I'll be doing this twice a day. Once in the morning, and just before bed. It’s the best way to get accurate dosing without messing around with sprays.

@appealmaxed mentioned this, and it seems like a solid option if, like me, you can’t get your hands on the liquid form that comes with a dropper.

There's also the pill version of minoxidil. But it's a pain to get in the EU, especially where I live. So for now, using a syringe seems like my best bet.

Has anyone here tried taking topical minoxidil orally using a dropper or syringe? I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences with it.

Why are u taking it orally the pills are easy/cheap to get anyway.

• +1
Reactions: N1666 and DarkAscender
Why are u taking it orally the pills are easy/cheap to get anyway.
I haven't yet.
Forgot to mention this but I'm applying the topical minox (spray version) with cotton swabs.

There's also the pill version of minoxidil. But it's a pain to get in the EU
I wouldn't be making this thread if I found a pill version of minox lol

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
I haven't yet.
Forgot to mention this but I'm applying the topical minox (spray version) with cotton swabs.

I wouldn't be making this thread if I found a pill version of minox lol
ah okay its easy in the UK can just buy next day delivery frm an online pharmacy,

• +1
Reactions: DarkAscender
Have fun with health problems:feelsyay::feelsyay:

• +1
As long as you find a relatively reliable method of measuring, you'll be fine.

• +1
Anything to ascend......
I haven't tried it yet, I'm currently using topical minox.
Have heard ppl say oral mogs in terms of eyelash growth so idk.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
Anything to ascend......
I haven't tried it yet, I'm currently using topical minox.
Have heard ppl say oral mogs in terms of eyelash growth so idk.
"anything to ascend":lul:

• +1
Topical minoxidil has solvents in it like ethanol, so it can be absorbed by your skin, it's dumb af to drink and also idk where this myth came from that you only grow the area you're applying the topical minox to, it's wrong, both topical and oral go systemic, you will notice chest hair growth with topical minox on your ass, so topical minox with the right dosage will grow your lashes too
Who cares about ethanol all that matters is the results and drinking minoxidil works 90% for everyone, especially those who do not respond well to topical

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, DarkAscender and NZb6Air
Who cares about ethanol all that matters is the results and drinking minoxidil works 90% for everyone, especially those who do not respond well to topical
nope too dangerous long term, who cares about destroying your organs bro

• So Sad
Health problems are rare and start at a low dose to minimise. Clear u watch Kevin mann/haircafe and havent realised hes a huge contrarian yet.

• +1
nope too dangerous long term, who cares about destroying your organs bro
Do you think switching to oral minoxidil tablets is safer?

• +1
Right dosage would be like 5mg daily? If I apply it to my eyebrows only It should go systemic. So I would also gain eyelashes growth, and even facial hair, no?

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Health problems are rare and start at a low dose to minimise. Clear u watch Kevin mann/haircafe and havent realised hes a huge contrarian yet.
i already took this shit topical as oral, it caused acne hearts problems to me etc even at low dose, i stopped it and only apply it to my eyebrows, if he is young he can experience pretty bad stuff but i dont wish that :feelsyay:

• +1
Reactions: N1666 and DarkAscender
Do you think switching to oral minoxidil tablets is safer?
yes, start at around 0.6 and keep uping the dose until you find the highest dose that doesnt stress your heart, test it by bpmmaxxing and monitoring it after being on x dose for 2 weeks

Right dosage would be like 5mg daily? If I apply it to my eyebrows only It should go systemic. So I would also gain eyelashes growth, and even facial hair, no?
just do 5% twice a day on eyebrows

• +1
Reactions: RapeAllFemales and DarkAscender
i already took this shit topical as oral, it caused acne hearts problems to me etc even at low dose, i stopped it and only apply it to my eyebrows, if he is young he can experience pretty bad stuff but i dont wish that :feelsyay:
Its going systemic if ur putting it on ur hair and or eyebrows anyway so ur essentially taking a low dose. Like I said he just needs to start very low and cut it out of any bad sides.

• +1
Because every minoxidil in my country has a spray version only. I could buy a dropper, but it would be the same thing basically.

• Hmm...
Reactions: aids
Because every minoxidil in my country has a spray version only. I could buy a dropper, but it would be the same thing basically.
So you're spraying it onto a cotton bud and then rubbing the cotton bud on your face?
Seems wasteful.

• +1
Its going systemic if ur putting it on ur hair and or eyebrows anyway so ur essentially taking a low dose. Like I said he just needs to start very low and cut it out of any bad sides.
buying oral minoxidil would be safer and also its not that pricey :feelsautistic:

• +1
So you're spraying it onto a cotton bud and then rubbing the cotton bud on your face?
Seems wasteful.
How would you use it? I'm only applying it to my eyebrows btw

• +1
How would you use it? I'm only applying it to my eyebrows btw
Just spray it where you want? If you spray it onto an object with little surface area then majority of the spray is just going to air.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ronald_2 and DarkAscender

unless u think that’s minox pills would give health problems, there is no reason to think topical taken orally would. got the same active ingredient.

• +1
both topical and oral go systemic, you will notice chest hair growth with topical minox on your ass, so topical minox with the right dosage will grow your lashes too
thats the most retarded thing i ever read. if you consider topical minox to be going systemic then literally every single topical drug in the world goes systemic. the amount that goes systemic is so little that through thousands of clinical trials not one person experienced side or main effects of any minoxidil dose no matter the amount applied
also note that the 0.0000000000001% that goes systemic goes systemic to the local supply, like if you apply on the head the the nano particle that went systemic will get to your eyebrow causing 0 change
but better yet you claim that if you applied it to the head you will notice more hair growth on your ass which is literally the most fucking retarded exaggerated to mumbai delusional claim you can make, backed by 0 good research too

Just spray it where you want? If you spray it onto an object with little surface area then majority of the spray is just going to air.
How? I'm literally spraying it so close to the cotton swab. How else am I going to apply it evenly to my eyebrows

and i taught this to @appealmaxed :feelshah:

• +1
im doing 2 drops a day 1 in moring and 1 in night and no sides except for a slightly faster heart beat sometimes

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanForever and DarkAscender
How? I'm literally spraying it so close to the cotton swab. How else am I going to apply it evenly to my eyebrows
Maybe but a lot of it will also just be absorbed by the cotton.

• So Sad
ive been doing this from about 2 years now
special tip:- take it right after having food to increase efficiency:Comfy:

• Love it
ive been doing this from about 2 years now
speacial tip:- take it after having food to increase efficiency:Comfy:
You take minox with a dropper right?

• +1
Reactions: starvecell
Maybe but a lot of it will also just be absorbed by the cotton.
Tbh I just copied Orc, saw him using cotton swabs like around Feb?
Thats also around the time I experimented with minox for the first time (March)

But I used a wayy too high dosage and used q tips to apply it( (dumbbb). noticed swelling in my face after just a couple days of usage.
Started using it on a lower dose and twice a day recently again.

• Hmm...
Tbh I just copied Orc, saw him using cotton swabs like around Feb?
Thats also around the time I experimented with minox for the first time (March)

But I used a wayy too high dosage and used q tips to apply it( (dumbbb). noticed swelling in my face after just a couple days of usage.
Started using it on a lower dose and twice a day recently again.
Maybe I'm thinking of a different thing because my interpretation of cotton buds = Q-tips.

• +1
Maybe I'm thinking of a different thing because my interpretation of cotton buds = Q-tips.
Yeah I meant cotton pads my bad. yeah spraying it on a q tip wouldn't be very smart.

• +1
Yeah I meant cotton pads my bad. yeah spraying it on a q tip wouldn't be very smart.
No worries, misinterpretation on my part. I can't comment on whether a cotton pad would work either but the larger surface area would definitely be better than a Q-tip obviously haha.
If it works then it works, I haven't ever used Minoxidil spray before so can't really comment.

• +1